iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Impressive Husky

Started by deerguy, March 01, 2018, 05:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deerguy

We picked up a Wallenstein wood processor this year and added a Husky 390 XP with a 24" blade. I own 4 other Husky's including my favorite 371 XP. This 390 XP simply amazed me with power, performance and fuel economy. Processed appr 30 cord of wood on a single chain without filing.
Can't wait to drop my 36" bar on it next year to cut ice !!!!
If you haven't noticed, I'm a bit of a Husky guy.....

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

Timbercreekfarm

I'm a husky guy too, my 395 impresses me every time I use it, the power with a 24" bar is amazing, 3' bar is not lacking power.

Stoneyacrefarm

Another Husky homer here as well. 
I have a 390 that I really like. 
Plenty of power and fairly fuel efficient for a saw its size. 
Work hard. Be rewarded.

mad murdock

My 395XPW (well I cut off the W, so I can power my sawmill), is hands down the best saw I have owned for the size, weight. I have milled about 40mbf in the past 10 months with it, and it is going gangbusters!  I have a dual port muffler on it, which seems to really let it breath nice. I am turning a 22" dia circle sawmill blade with it, through a vee belt drive adapted to the clutch drum and a driven pulley on the circle saw arborshaft(Turbosawmill M8 warrior ultralightweight). The saw has no signs of letting up any time soon, if I wear this one out, I will be getting another.  I have run the 661 and this saw is better, IMO. 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

deerguy

Wow, Mad Murdock that sounds like a sweet mill you've got !! Any chance you can post a few pic's ??

I also have a question for all...the exhaust ports on the 390 are straight out the side of the muffler. When the saw rests in the idle position on the Wallenstein processor, the saw is completely vertical, with bar straight up. This means that while I operate controls on mill etc, the exhaust is straight in my face and after a few hours it gets old really fast. Does anyone know how I can modify the exhaust so that it will blow towards the base of the saw ?? Even a 45' angle on the discharge would help a lot....

Thanks in advance....

Deerguy
I knew she was a keeper when she told me to buy the old skidder !!!!!

mad murdock

I have several pics in my gallery. Also there is a thread or three in the sawmilling topics on my mill. It is a nice mill. I can average between 150-200 bd ft / hr in most wood. I also wrote up a review on Turbosawmill's website. You can read it here with pics http://www.turbosawmillusa.com/reviews/
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

HolmenTree

Thats an interesting mill Murdock. I have long retired from milling but if I had those oversize valuable logs you have there I probably would be still at it.

I have Alaskan milled with my old 395 I just got rid of. But it was just a shadow of what my 090AV's could do. I always had the 090's govenor disabled and set the H speed rich. Never had a problem and it out produced the 395XP  2:1
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Huskybill

I been running Husqvarna chainsaws since 1979. I used the 2100's, 266 &240 saws. Now I'm using the 385xp, 575xp, 353xp. At first they seemed slower than my other huskies. But once they cut twenty cords of firewood using that husky 50-1 premix they turned into animals. I guess there broken in now. I run nothing but Husqvarna saws.

starmac

I too have all husky saws, nothing against other brands, but I have exellant dealer support for them if I ever need it. Mine are older, but still capable of more than I am, so no need to change.
A 266 is my biggest, and really getting to big for me any way, my most used is a couple of 346's, which takes care of 90 % of my needs, a 455, just because it was cheap, I do use it though, and a little 235, just to keep on the log truck in case I need to cut a limb or something, seldom really gets used, and am seriously contemplating swapping it for an electric saw.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

mike_belben

Im not partial to any brand of running saw, but if i gotta fix it i much rather a husky over a stihl, especially any farmboss clamshells.  Theyre just over complicated and difficult to get the carb/intake back on. Takes forever to pressure test them after a rebuild.  Husky61 is my favorite to tinker on.  I dont always love lugging my 395xp around but ill never sell it.  

Would love to get an MS200T tho.  
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!