iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just bought me a Topsaw tool

Started by Hawkshoe, May 06, 2009, 07:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkshoe

As I have stated before, I am easily impressed, but this tool is really cool!  Just got me one from Baileys.  Anybody else have or used one before? http://www.topsaw.com/
Made by the Maker
Bought by the Buyer
Broken by the Breaker

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

sprucebunny

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

John Mc

I have had one for a little while (ordered it from Baileys before they had it in stock). It seems pretty handy, so far.

The only thing I'd like to see added is a tool for checking the depth gauges. Then I'd have everything I need in the field other than files.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

LeeB

Looks like one of those cool tools that I would loose right after my son finds it in my tool box.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

sawmilllawyer

Lee B funny how that happens. Must be contagious because it happens around here too.  :D   My hand tools disappear alls by themselves, I usually know where to go look for them, oldest son.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Ed

That is sweet!  8)
They even made it so it'll work on a full wrap J-red/Husky!  8) 8) 8)

Ed

timber tramp

Hey all, sorry for diggin' up an old post, but I'm wondering how the tool is holding up. I'm getting ready to place my semi-annual order with Bailey's and noticed them in the sale catalog. Thinking I might get a couple of them.             :) Thanks, TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

John Mc

Mine is holding up great... on the other hand, it's not like it's tool that gets a serious workout. The old scrench I had lasted forever (I lose them before I wear them out).

I did find one other item I wish the Topsaw tool had on it... something to fit the new style carb adjustment screws on some saws. None of my says need the new tool, but I was trying to help a frind with his the other day, and neither of us had the right tool with us.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Ga. bow-man

I bought 3 a few months ago. So far no problem, and I have
saved a lot of walking back to truck to get a tool. Mine came with belt cases
that makes it mighty handy and easy to keep. I give them a big thumb up.

sprucebunny

Mine has lasted well. Only wish I could get the loop on the sheath onto my chaps so it would always be with me ....
And a blue sheath would make it easier to find among the junk in my car/toolbin.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

timber tramp

Thank you for the replies, I'll be adding a couple to my order.         :) TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

Thank You Sponsors!