iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buck Knives & Buck Knife Co. Warranty

Started by Shotgun, November 21, 2011, 06:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun

Quote from: Shotgun on June 19, 2011, 10:25:24 PM
I'm a knife collector.  Some time ago my wife bought me two knives at an estate sale.  One was a no-name and one was a Buck  Knife. She paid a couple of bucks for the two of them.  The Buck had been severely mistreated, and two of the three blades had tips broken off.  I was going to reshape them and sharpen them, and had, in fact, started to do so.  Then I thought that it might be better to send it back to the factory to have it done professionally. I called Buck Knife and the customer service lady suggested that I send it to them for a look see. 

Bottom line, they sent me a brand new knife, same model, and for no cost.  They said that it was done under their warranty.  To me that's amazing in this day and time.    I am  ;D.

My collecting focuses on Case brand knives (Case Collectors Club Life Member), but you can be assured  that I won't forget what this firm has done for me.

Norm

As a follow up to the above,  thought I'd make another post about Buck Knives.

I had another Buck Knife that I had found in the woods a number of years ago.  This one wasn't in bad condition, however, one blade had been pretty badly treated, and was badly worn. Well, I thought I'd try out the Buck Knife 'Forever Warranty' again.  I sent it in with a letter of explanation, and 5 weeks to the day after shipment to Buck, I received the same knife back, with the blade replaced, the remainder of the blades had been sharpened, and the whole knife cleaned and buffed.  It looks like a new knife.

How can you beat that for a warranty?  You'll never get that type of treatment with an off-shore manufacturer.  If you have a Buck Knife that needs to be refurbished, send it in.  They'll either restore it, or replace it.  Kudos for Buck Knife Company!  You can Google the address for their website.

I urge you to support this manufacturer when you can.  By the way, I've purchased a number of knives manufactured by Buck.

Any thoughts?

Norm    8)
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

beenthere

I'm still looking for that Buck pocket knife that I lost. When I find it, will hope to be able to send it in. :D

Been lost for 30+ years.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Al_Smith

I've got a couple and they are good knives .One I'm especially proud of .A rosewood handle 4" lock blade .Engraved with my name presented to me by the electrical apprentice class of 1982 of which I was the instructer .

T Welsh

Shotgun, If I am not mistaken buck has been around since the early 1900,s and I think I now know why. Its a shame that we live in a throwaway society now! every one is concerned about price. My call on a tool is buy the best and have it for life. I love American companies that still think this way. and I will always support them by purchasing there products. Tim

WDH

I have a monogrammed rosewood handled buck folding knife as well.  In total, I have four buck knives.  I have one that has skinned a whack of deer.  Great company.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

metalspinner

QuoteI'm still looking for that Buck pocket knife that I lost. When I find it, will hope to be able to send it in.

QuoteI had another Buck Knife that I had found in the woods a number of years ago.

beenthere,
I think Shotgun found your knife! :D  Yours was in pretty good shape with one blade badly worn, right???
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

:D :D :D
You are quicker to catch on than shotgun   ;D ;D

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DanG

I may be broke from time to time, but if I got my pants on I always have two Bucks on me.  I have a Bucklite 426 on my belt that I've been carrying for over 20 years and it is still like brand new.  I use it pretty hard too.  A little rosewood 503 resides in my right front pocket. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Shotgun

Quote from: beenthere on November 21, 2011, 09:24:41 PM
:D :D :D
You are quicker to catch on than shotgun   ;D ;D

Sent me the GPS coordinates of the NW corner of the section where you lost it, and we'll talk...maybe.    :D

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

CHARLIE

I won't buy a pocket or hunting knife that isn't made in the U.S.  I've carried a Case peanut in my pocket since the mid 1970s and my hunting and fishing knives are both Buck and Schrade.  I was heartbroken when I found that Schrade had been bought by a company that now makes all their knives in China.  I then DanG near hit the floor when I picked up a Buck knife and it was made in China.  Now, when you buy a Buck knife you have to get the one that has an American Flag on the packaging or else your're getting a Chinese made knife.  I don't trust the temper of Chinese steel no matter whose name is on it.  I did just buy 2 of those Buck Lockbacks with brass bolsters and rosewood handles and that model is still made in the U.S.A. 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

I have a half dozen or so Bucks, some Schrades, a couple of Queen (anybody remember them), Gerbers before they were made in China and a little SOG that I carry for nothing else but to cut out splinters and such.  Sharpest little dude, and a good point, I own. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

CHARLIE

My mom carried a Queen knife from the 1940s until she passed away in 2003.  Queen makes a fine knife and I believe they are still in existence and I think they are also U.S. made (Worth reading http://www.queencutlery.com/ )

I'm really impressed that Buck replaced and repaired those knives for free.  That is a fine company that knows how to treat its customers.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Texas Ranger

By looking at the site, I can guess their knives are way out of my price range now.  I carried two of the same type for 30 years or so, single blades that got a might thin and hard to sharpen.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Norm

I carry a buck sheath knife during hunting season and it has skinned and gutted more deer and hogs than I can remember. For personal carry it's a SOG knife my son gave me for fathers day many years ago.

I'll have to dig out my old buck folding knife. I broke the tip off about the 2nd time I used it.

mooleycow

got several buck knives.  got 110 with pressed paper handle.  lightweight and nice.  sharpen on truck window.  roll up to desired height.  run blade on glass edge back and forth like on a stone.  lot of times ain't got no stone.

bill m

I lost a Schrade folding hunting knife one time so I went to the sporting goods store for a new one. They told me lifetime warranty against loss so I sent a letter off to the people at Schrade.. They sent me a new one, no charge!
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Logjam

I too like the Buck brand of knife . i was given one for my  7th birthday still have it to this day! and have had the blade replace a few time's..lol 

Thank You Sponsors!