iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Charlie's at it again.

Started by Tom, December 20, 2002, 07:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

.                                                                                                                                                           
These are the prize winners of the Coulee Region Woodturner Ornament Contest and this is Charlie's entry.

Paul_H

Pretty impressive work,and it looks like he was up against some solid competition.

I wouldn't even know where to begin.Congratulations Charlie!
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Norm

Very nice work Charlie, how the heck do you get the inside hollowed out.

Frank_Pender

Well done, Charlie.  I have been makeing soem of the same, ornamens, but not so fancy that you see through them.  I am impressed.  ;)
Frank Pender

Ron Scott

~Ron

WV_hillbilly

Thats some real nice work in that picture. I have a mini lathe but so far have only made yoyo's, tops, kalideoscopes, and pen and pencil sets.That ornament took some talent to make . keep up the great work.

hillbilly
Hillbilly

Bro. Noble

That's really neat Charlie.

I'm envious of anyone who has artistic abilities as I don't.

I did make some Christmas tree ornaments one time with the boys when they were little.  We spray painted some Sycamore balls.  That pushed my talents to the limit.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tillaway

Really nice work Charlie, good thing my wife didn't see this otherwise she would want me to make a dozen. ::) ;)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

CHARLIE

Thanks for all the compliments. I really enjoy the woodturning club. Great bunch of guys and I've learned a lot from them. This ornament really isn't as tough to turn as it looks. If anyone wants to know how, just let me know and I'll try to describe it to you.  :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Frank_Pender

Please do, Charlie. :)  I suppose I have got to find a truning club around here some day.  It just takes time from sawing the next pretty peice of wood, I just can't leave. ;)
Frank Pender

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!