iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I quit....

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 06, 2011, 11:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It's Tuesday morning, I'm milling lumber under my shed, and every things going GREAT!

And all of a sudden, more of those storms blowing in from Luezzyanna hit and hit hard.

The wind and rain are blowing under the shed side ways!!!! 25 - 30mph wind gust!

I QUIT !

Now watching the Price Is Right, drinking coffee and reading the Forum.

What a morning!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

two tired

just think, if we had not been greedy and not kept the most of the rain and wind in louisiana. we were sooo glad to get the rain, even with the wind, it was getting verry dry. can not even eat the catfish i catch because they have to many seedticks on them.
when wondering about weather conditions call the dog in and see if he is wet

Magicman

Sunday and Monday were our days here.  Even under a shed you would get wet.  Coffee is good.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

i wish i was having them kinda troubles. high and dry here and a little cooler, but dry dry. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Carpenter

The weather's been great here!   :)     Just thought I'd let you know.

WDH

We got a whopping 1/2" here  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Warbird

SwampDonkey

Had 1.7" over 4 days here, clear and dry for the week ahead. Been no shortage of water. And the dew in the mornings is heavy like it rained all night. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

maple flats

I've got far too much left to do, BUT today may not be the day. Our forecast calls for 4" of rain. That is on top of fully saturated ground. Sounds like an inside day today.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

ljmathias

We got up to a foot of rain (yeah, 12" in some places) here in Mississippi.  Rained so hard during the few days Lee dallied over us that the ducks didn't have to go to the pond to swim around.  Lucky for me, the house I'm building was dried in so we could work inside and not get wet except back and forth the truck.   :)

Weird weather this year for sure- too dry or too wet with nothing in between.  Two weeks ago, 90 plus every day.  Today is starting out below 60 and is supposed to top out at 80, beautiful weather for finishing siding and trim outside.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

zopi

Have had a week like this....nothing going right..
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

clww

We got 10.5" from Irene. Now we're going to get a couple more from TS Lee. Then there's a possible 3 more coming this way for the next two weeks.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

I hope that my plots are dried out enough so that I can get some seed in the ground by this weekend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Coon

Last week was a spite cooler than it has been this week.  We got some much needed rain last week upwards to 3" here but it varied greatly every few miles.  Some areas got upwards to 5".   Those hurricanes down south must be pushing the heat all the way up here.  Today it was still 90 at 5pm and it was starting to cool off by then. Getting kinda hot for us northerners to be sawing.  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

That'll soon change, in a  couple of weeks you'll need a shovel. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

Quote from: Magicman on September 07, 2011, 09:46:12 PM
I hope that my plots are dried out enough so that I can get some seed in the ground by this weekend.

I have the opposite problem.  Much too dry to plant.  Ground is as hard as a rock.  Somewhere, it all averages out  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!