iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

National Anthems

Started by beenthere, July 06, 2005, 10:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

This week is the International Barbershop Convention in Salt Lake City, and today there are about 50 quartets singing in competition.
My point is so far today I have heard the National Anthem of the United Kingdom, New Zeland, Australia, and Sweden. Sung in harmony with 4 voices and each one would literally raise the hair on your (at least mine) arm.

After tonight, there will be 20 quartets judged to sing Friday night, from which 10 will be picked to sing for No. 1 on Sat. night.

www.barbershop.org is interested in bringing in the free audio tonight and the rest of the week. Good listening if you like harmony, and especially Barbershop Harmony.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

UNCLEBUCK

I sang barbershop from 7th through 12th grade , never had so much fun .  Is your sons quartet in the top qualifiers ?
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

beenthere

Son's quartet didn't make it in the top twenty to compete Friday, and haven't seen the score sheets yet for where in the 'lower 30 they placed.
Won't get a chance to hear much more, as heading to IOWA for some family reunions. Around Cedar Rapids for both of them. Hmmm? Electric Al and Linda are around central IA, so may try to track them down.  Need to do some planning and contacting first.  Pretty tight schedule with family so time may not let me wander, but will try.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!