iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

1987 John deere 540b

Started by Pitcaver101, February 05, 2017, 08:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pitcaver101

Hello,i am new to the site,my name is brandon jackson ,central indiana,We got the skidder running ,it had a clogged tank kinked hose ,ect. Seemed great solid motor hydro fluid was low and milky from sitting for four years we topped it off and start driving it back to the shop to do more extensive work on it and we lost hydraulic pressure to the trans,we shut it off let it cool a bit restarted and away it went, 100 yards and again as I bump up a gear lost pressure again ,shut it down waited a bit ,restarted and again full power to trans ,made it a bit farther and again loss of trans ,I looked up problems similar and found there is a filter bypass valve ,so I guess my question wuold be how messy or difficult would it be to change the hydraulic fluid and filter on the side of the road I do not want make a mess or spill oil on someone's property, thank you and I am sure to have more questions as we continue to work on it

Gearbox

Air leak in Charge Pump suction line ?
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

luvmexfood

I would bite the bullet and get it hauled home unless it's real close. Seems like to me repairs go better when you have your tools at hand. You will be away from home and always need that one wrench you forgot to bring.

Had an alternator on a tractor one time that the alternator came loose. Lost both bolts that bolt it to the engine. Four different trips to a hardware store trying to get bolts threaded to replace. Still no luck. Dug around in the shop and had a plastic bag of hardware left over from a swing set I put together for my son. Had the exact length and threads that I needed.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

thumper

how did the fluid get milky? if it is milky I would quit running it and find out why. that will get throughout the trans hydraulic system. and its 15k to rebuild the tranny alone.. oh and the last year for 540b is 1984 then came the 540d.  good luck!
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Thank You Sponsors!