iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dont plant that!

Started by mike_belben, July 31, 2020, 07:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

gspren

That's been on the local news here in Delaware asking people to bring or mail them to Delaware Department of Agriculture.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

jeepcj779

I received an unsolicited "N95" mask in the mail from China. I tossed it in the circular file. I read that the mask could be followed by a bill and threatening message to pay or they will send to collections and negatively impact your credit. Another scam to look out for.

Southside

Whatever happened to the technology the Post Office was using to photograph every piece of mail they take in at point of origin?  Would not be too hard to track back where these came from.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Nebraska

Derisive political commentary  with held from this board. I figure  most of you think the same. Invasive plants???

Sedgehammer

I'll say prolly not. Many easier ways for that actually. This is all over the news. Can't put finger on it exactly, but it's either a scam to boost fake likes from real address/names here for stuff made in China or there's something more sinister involved. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

mike_belben

Its called uproar in the east, strike in the west.   In 2016 they wanted us looking at russia.  Now they want us looking at china.  Because it gives russia invisibility to work up the next phase, whatever it may be.  This is called a scissor strategy and it goes back to the false "sino-soviet" split of 1961. Theyve never stopped snipping us and weve never stopped declining.

But its hard to educate your people against these moves without getting into the drudgery of politics.   Clausewitz said war is an extension of politics.  the gerasimov doctrine says we dont need to use war anymore,  we can use politics and social media for directly influencing enemy populations.

Now if some defector said they brought the ticks and emerald ash borers and asian skeeters on purpose, i would not argue.  Because those are excellent moves.  They cause us harm without risk of retaliation.
Praise The Lord

Sedgehammer

Quote from: mike_belben on August 01, 2020, 09:50:56 AM
Its called uproar in the east, strike in the west.   In 2016 they wanted us looking at russia.  Now they want us looking at china.  Because it gives russia invisibility to work up the next phase, whatever it may be.  This is called a scissor strategy and it goes back to the false "sino-soviet" split of 1961. Theyve never stopped snipping us and weve never stopped declining.

But its hard to educate your people against these moves without getting into the drudgery of politics.   Clausewitz said war is an extension of politics.  the gerasimov doctrine says we dont need to use war anymore,  we can use politics and social media for directly influencing enemy populations.

Now if some defector said they brought the ticks and emerald ash borers and asian skeeters on purpose, i would not argue.  Because those are excellent moves.  They cause us harm without risk of retaliation.
This has many tentacles. Many being extremely wealthy. It's moved well beyond Russia. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

mike_belben

I agree, it spans the entire globe.  But moscow and beijing are the captains of the ship. 
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: jeepcj779 on July 31, 2020, 08:22:52 PMI received an unsolicited "N95" mask I'm the mail from China.

I just got mine today.  It also had my cell phone number on the label.  Lots of Chinese writing on the two labels.  I have bought a few things on Amazon that came from China - I guess I'm in some "public" database over there now :-\  I'd be worried that the mask is pre-infected!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

jeepcj779

Just wait for them to send the bill...so you can ignore it! If you didn't order it and they put your name and address on it, you don't have to pay.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

GRANITEstateMP

I ordered some TP off the Amazon a while back. When it went from In Stock to 28 Days in shipment, I double checked, it was coming China Post. I emailed that I didn't want any Chinese TP, they have me a wishy washy answer. My next email was much more direct ;D Pretty sure I'm on a data base now also, but there is a  :( next to my name.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: ljohnsaw on August 10, 2020, 08:45:28 PM
Quote from: jeepcj779 on July 31, 2020, 08:22:52 PMI received an unsolicited "N95" mask I'm the mail from China.

I just got mine today.  It also had my cell phone number on the label.  Lots of Chinese writing on the two labels.  I have bought a few things on Amazon that came from China - I guess I'm in some "public" database over there now :-\  I'd be worried that the mask is pre-infected!
Update on my mask:  I ordered two 50 lb pails of pool chlorine tabs from "In The Swim".  They have local stores.  Well, the next day (June 15th), I got an email with tracking info.  It was coming from China - great - with an expected delivery date of July 27th.  No problem, I have enough to get me past that date.  Looking at the tracking, I see it jumping around China for about a week before leaving Wunan (great).  Then all quiet.  Then this mask shows up on 8/10.  I decide to check on my chlorine and it says it was delivered the day the mask came - ahhh, a scam!  Lucky I paid with PayPal.  Sent the seller a note, they wanted pictures.  I took a picture of the package and said I was not going to open it - it is clearly NOT two giant tubs of chlorine.  PayPal sent them a note and is waiting for a response.  The seller said they will ship me the right thing - sorry for the mistake.  We'll see.  If I don't see it soon, PayPal will refund my money.

I'm having a run of bad shipping...  I ordered a pin moisture meter (Ligno mini DX) and was due to come tomorrow (Monday).  I got it this past Thursday :) - only it was the Ligno mini D (pinless for doing flooring and such) :(.  I was wondering where the spare pins were and how to get the top cover off to expose the installed ones. ::)  Then I noticed it was the wrong model.  They said they will ship out the right one, right away with a return postage for this one.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Thank You Sponsors!