iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small international log truck need info please

Started by logman81, November 09, 2014, 06:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

Here's another pic i was sent of it in operation today. :)

Precision Firewood & Logging

Corley5

I don't see many $$$ to be made hauling two pulp cords of firewood at a time.  Higher dollar would, yes.  Low dollar pulp, no.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

logman81

logman81

It's way better then what I got now, a one ton pickup half cord at a time loading and unloading all by hand. So from where I'm coming from it is much better.

woodworker9

Late to the thread, but I own two of those exact same trucks.  One is a 95' with the DT466.  The other is a 98' with the DT466E (electronic controlled injection).

They are great trucks.  My 95' is my daily rig, and it has 214,000 miles on it......just getting warmed up.  Maintenance is easy (5 gallons of oil and a 2 quart filter) and they ride great.  I am loaded heavy all the time, right at 26,000 lbs., and I go through new brakes every 15,000 to 18,000 miles, stop and go city driving in a heavy populated, busy area (Chicagoland).

I wouldn't hesitate to buy that truck if it rides and drives.  They're the best out there in their class, and I've owned the Chevy's, Ford's, Freightliner's, and even a GMC.
03' LT40HD25 Kohler hydraulic w/ accuset
MS 441, MS 290, New Holland L185

logman81

Thanks woodworker9, better late then never. I heard the same thing about these trucks from several people. I think It should be a perfect match for me.

BargeMonkey

You have a distinct market, i know a guy from off the boats who peddle's a 100 cord like nothing from the Kingstown area. I havent seen your 450 but trucks are around, loaders, i would make sure its straight before you get a headache.

logman81

I'll be going over the truck with a fine tooth comb.  I'll be checking engine oil, antifreeze with tester, checking tires for any abnormal wear, checking brakes,  looking for any leakes, broken suspension parts, missing bolts, cracked welds, lights and the list goes on.

timberlinetree

Might want to check how much to reg/insure. Our truck was about 5k just to start. Nice looking truck!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

logman81

Guy that owns it now says 250 a month to insure, I'm going to have him make a bill of sale for way less so I don't get hosed on the sales tax.

MJD

Here in Wisconsin a truck used for forestry and had a loader/crane got cheaper tags/plates, at least that's how it was 10years ago or so. Might want to check with your state.

BargeMonkey

A dedicated log truck / milk hauler pay a much lower % for highway use tax in NY.

bill m

I wouldn't be in a hurry to change out that grapple, unless the truck is not being sold with it. Use it for a while and start making money with it. When you do decide to replace that grapple let me know. I can tell you the ones not to get.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

logman81

Thank you very much bill m it does bypass it's just the older style so I'm in no hurry to change it. You are right just use it the way it is and make money with it.

redprospector

Quote from: logman81 on November 12, 2014, 06:20:37 AM
Guy that owns it now says 250 a month to insure, I'm going to have him make a bill of sale for way less so I don't get hosed on the sales tax.
Hmm. Probably not a good idea to put your intent to commit tax evasion on the internet. Best to keep such things on the QT even if it's just a thought crossing your mind.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

BargeMonkey

Quote from: redprospector on November 12, 2014, 08:05:18 PM
Quote from: logman81 on November 12, 2014, 06:20:37 AM
Hmm. Probably not a good idea to put your intent to commit tax evasion on the internet. Best to keep such things on the QT even if it's just a thought crossing your mind.
X2 ;)

Dave Shepard

In MA they go by book value.

redprospector, now you are an accomplice.  :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

treeslayer2003

plenty o room for a kicker axle behind the drive.......just sayin.....

redprospector

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 12, 2014, 08:13:25 PM
In MA they go by book value.

redprospector, now you are an accomplice.  :D
Hahaha. That's the nicest thing anyone has called me all day.  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

logman81

I'm just joke guys they go buy the book value of the vehicle.  I'm just cheap!

BargeMonkey

Dont feel bad, i just sent in paperwork for another ME trailer plate. We are taxed enough  this country.

xalexjx

Quote from: BargeMonkey on November 12, 2014, 09:00:50 PM
Dont feel bad, i just sent in paperwork for another ME trailer plate. We are taxed enough  this country.

we do the same thing. way cheaper to reg a 25 ton lowboy up there,
Logging and Processed Firewood

logman81

Yeah here it is 7% of nada clean vehicle value or purchase price which ever is greater.

logman81

Going to look at the truck tomorrow hope it's a good one.

logman81

Anything in particular that I should look for on this truck when I go to check it out.

Thank You Sponsors!