iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A different look!

Started by Kevin, September 20, 2005, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Furby

:D :D :D :D
This time of year.....I REALLY like that idea!

mike_van

Lots of benefits there - No leaves to rake & if you tree a coon there, what an easy shot!  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff,

All you would have to do is slab those up and you would have siding for your house that would match without a finish.  ;D

Ironwood

I planted several deadwood locust trees along our field for bluebirds and pheobies to perch on. The nieghbor asked why they didn't grow. Well due to the lack of bark and the cement root ball I guess they never had a chance. We still laugh about that one. They looked just like these. Thanks Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jeff

Reminds me of when I went for a ride with my sister and brother-in-law. Lynda looked out across this beautiful golden crop on this huge field. She said "thats so lovely, what is it?" Pete and I in the same breath said, "Roundup"  :D

Kevin

I liked the look of them except for the cement at the base.
I don't know why they didn't set them deeper unless the frost brought them up.
That place is up for sale as well.

Jeff

Is that on the St. Marys? Looks like there might be more water then that though.

redpowerd

you could allways mulch them see-ment root balls.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Kevin

Jeff;
It's situated on Lake Superior about an hour north and a tad West of the Sault.

crtreedude

I wonder if they know their house is being discussed by all of us? I bet they would be worried someone will show up with a chainsaw and a sawmill and harvest those trees that need to be processesed...  ;D

It would be a good gag to drive up with a WoodMizer and ask if they want you to saw them up for them.  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Jeff

I'll have to take a drive one day to Cadillac and get a photo of what some folks did up there.  They had some trees dug out, root ball and all. Power washed the root ball, cut the trunks off and then replanted the trees root ball up.  Kinda surreal looking for sure.

Frank_Pender

Gee, Jeff, that is a great idea.  I have several of them around here that could marketed that way. ;D
Frank Pender

Murf

No raking ..................   8)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

submarinesailor

I like the no raking thing.  ;D ;D ;D

Bruce/subsailor

Sprucegum

When I was a kid a small tornado ripped up several trees in our woods, spruce with long lateral roots.

Dad trimmed them up and planted them upside-down at random in the yard. One was blue,one green ,one red and a yellow.

Yep, we were wierd alright 8) 8)

Thank You Sponsors!