iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Going to look at a Norwood mill later this week

Started by Coon, July 19, 2011, 03:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Well out at the farm we have no shortage of both black and white spruce in a forest setting.  We never let the cows out into them.  Some of the spruce in the pasture part will be knottier than a bad puppy.  :D   :D  I'll leave thems ones alone or use em only if I have to.   ;D  Gotta get me some tammarack out for trailer decking too.  I sure hope it saws well on a bandmill.  I have never sawn it other than on a circular mill. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Coon

Well the mill is moved out to the custom job and I will be getting it set up and started today.  Gotta make a couple of calls before I leave as there is little to no service out there.  I guess I really will be in the sticks eh?   :D  Will take some pics while out there.  I am guessing that I will only be cutting for a couple of days as I am waiting for an order of blades to show up and I only have a few ready to use till then.  I haven't got a sharpener and setter yet but hopefully in a week or so I will go pick up a used one that I found.  Hi Ho, Hi Ho it's off sawing I go.   8)   8)   
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!