iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Start 'Em when they're young!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, July 23, 2013, 10:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My son Paul has been itching to work. But he only seems to look for work when his phone card is about to run out.  :D
He thought he was gonna be on the riding mower today.....WRONG!

I had a hundred board job for 1x6x6 for fencing. Sooooooo.......guess who was the off-barer?
He worked hard, loading and stacking.

Good job Paul!  smiley_thumbsup

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

You betcha! the best help, they make pretty good dust pile movers too!  Don't they?   david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

red oaks lumber

hey old man,
put the camera down and help the help. :)
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: red oaks lumber on July 23, 2013, 10:31:03 PM
hey old man,
put the camera down and help the help. :)

I was the PAPArazzi.  :D

GDinMaine

That is just too funny!!!  I can relate, but my boy is young enough (6) to think it is cool to help his father.  I hope he will still think that in another 8-10 years, but that is probably false hope.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

drobertson

"If you pay them, They will be there"  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

customsawyer

That is the way to do it. If you teach them they will come.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

rooster 58

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

A good work ethic that young man is learning: Work = Money. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

It takes a lot to get a kid to work nowadays.  ::)  :-\

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

grweldon

Phone card?  How old is the young man? 13? He don't need no stinkin' phone!  ;D
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

JohnM

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on July 23, 2013, 10:34:01 PM
I was the PAPArazzi.  :D
That was DADastrous. :o  (weak but best I could come up with off the cuff ;D)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Martha White Nelson

Martha

Ga Mtn Man

He appears to have done some growin' since I had the honor of meeting him.  Good job, Paul!
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

barbender

He looks quite young for an old bugger like you, Poston ;D
Too many irons in the fire

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: barbender on July 24, 2013, 06:42:59 PM
He looks quite young for an old bugger like you, Poston ;D

Paul is 11....I am 111.  :D

Magicman

Congrats.  I love to see Father/Son teamwork.  My Son will soon be 45 and we still make a good team.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I miss the other part to my team. My father would of enjoyed my mill so much. We looked at a few too. I have done alot to this place. Just as I told him I would.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

captain_crunch

problem is when you get em about broke in they discover girls
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Magicman

"Gasoline & Perfume" was the ruination of many a good lad.  Then after a few years, they come back around and you have your partner again.  After a few years, you watch him "discover" the same situation, and the circle continues.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom L

my nephew always wants to work, he is 11 and all he wants to do is weld

so every time he comes to the shop I let him loose on the scrap pile for and hour or so.

only problem is he wants $25 per hour. but gladly settles for $9

Thank You Sponsors!