iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Lucas Distributor is ... the OLD Lucas distributor

Started by Clevelander, February 28, 2016, 04:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clevelander

I noticed the new Left Coast Supplies banner above so I figured I would pass this along. A couple of week ago the guys at Left Coast Supplies told me there might be some changes with their Lucas distributorship. It caused me some concern as to whether or not to even order one. They assured me that there would be a Lucas distributor even if it wasn't them so I decided to go ahead with the order. When I placed the order they confirmed they are no longer the Lucas distributor but are now the Peterson distributor. The new Lucas distributor is Baileys who apparently is the old Lucas distributor. I know LCS always seemed to treat me fairly. I probably drove them crazy with calls and questions but they always took the time and answered everything. I have had no contact with Baileys yet. Hopefully it works out for everybody.
Live your truth and your truth will find you

terrifictimbersllc

That's great to hear.  Peterson I mean.  Bailey's too if they'll resume supporting FF.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sigidi

The way Lucas are down here, whoever is the distributor is, you'll be looked after  ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

Seaman

That is very surprising to me, I just ordered a Lucas from LCS, got it last week. No mention was made of the change. I am sorta ticked about it, I will call LCS tomorrow and see what they have to say. I never got good service from Baileys for my Lucas before, and all the folks with Lucas experience left Baileys to start LCS I was told.
It will all work out I suppose, it is a great machine no matter who sells it. I will certainly give Baileys a fair chance again.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Clevelander

Quote from: Seaman on February 28, 2016, 09:32:24 PM
That is very surprising to me, I just ordered a Lucas from LCS, got it last week. No mention was made of the change. I am sorta ticked about it, I will call LCS tomorrow and see what they have to say. I never got good service from Baileys for my Lucas before, and all the folks with Lucas experience left Baileys to start LCS I was told.
It will all work out I suppose, it is a great machine no matter who sells it. I will certainly give Baileys a fair chance again.

Seaman, I am curious, did you order the 8 or 10? I was told they were all sold out of 8's so I bought a 10. No attachments but I will get those later when I have a job for them. I did get the retipping kit. I guess if you already have it you probably ordered it before me anyway. Mine is scheduled to ship tomorrow. I am traveling next week so I figured it was best to have it traveling same time as me instead of sitting on a dock for a week. They said they should have the parts for a while. Change is seldom smooth but hopefully it will work out ok.

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

John S

The LCS website still states that they are the Lucas distributor, time will tell.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Clevelander

Quote from: sigidi on February 28, 2016, 05:43:27 PM
The way Lucas are down here, whoever is the distributor is, you'll be looked after  ;)

Thanks for the confidence Sigi!

4x4American

Speaking of Bailey's, they recently got hacked and from memory, somewhere around 15,000 credit card numbers stolen.  And doesn't it just figure I had ordered stuff from them during the time frame that the good for nothing computer gypsies were capturing keystrokes...Wish they had better security, it went on for a long time before they figured it out.   >:(
Boy, back in my day..

barbender

4x4, I got stung on that one too. Ended up with some credit card fraud due to it >:(
Too many irons in the fire

ellmoe

Quote from: 4x4American on February 29, 2016, 11:05:06 PM
Speaking of Bailey's, they recently got hacked and from memory, somewhere around 15,000 credit card numbers stolen.  And doesn't it just figure I had ordered stuff from them during the time frame that the good for nothing computer gypsies were capturing keystrokes...Wish they had better security, it went on for a long time before they figured it out.   >:(

I "lost" two cards to this hack. In one case they only charged a dollar (I guess to confirm validity).
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Skip

catalina

Me too, they had me up to a little over $1500 in fake charges, bank covered it but was almost 3 weeks of hassle back and forth. and I got a "sorry" letter from baileys stating their security was being upgraded.

Grandedog

Howdy All,
   Well, the writing is almost on the wall. Even though we had our best week, and we were only 1 mill sale away from our best month with Lucas, they've decided it wasn't working for them. They way we heard it, Nik made him a deal they couldn't refuse. Considering Bailey's only sold 11 mills the last year they had them, and we sold well over a 100 in the last year, must have had a lot of sugar in it. LCS has made a lot of good friends, and customers through the FF and I would like everyone to know we really appreciated everybody's support these past few years. Moving forward, we're going to be the new North American Distributors for Peterson Mills. Even though we're switching brands, we love talking mills no matter what brand they are. We've have as good a knowledge on Swingblade Mills, and Dedicated Slabbers as anybody out side of the factories. So, if you ever need information, or would just like to talk about any mill, give us a shout.
Regards
Gregg
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

Seaman

Thanks Gregg for clearing that up. You guys have been GREAT, and I look forward to doing more business with you. I wish Lucas had asked a few of your customers about the whole deal ahead of time !
Good luck with Peterson.
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

Thank You Sponsors!