iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started the build.

Started by fishfighter, April 08, 2015, 12:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishfighter

Just a small update. Been under the weather so I been resting a lot. Really been very tired. :(  Saw my doctors which all they did was make more appointments with other doctors. >:(  Just about had enough of that. Feeling a bit better, so I am going to try and get that 4th coat down today.

fishfighter

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Crusarius

Do you have CO detectors in your living areas? I had a pretty bad scare with that one day and realized that was why I felt like I had no energy. I had a strong enough concentration of CO in my shop the map gas torch would not light.

I have since remedied that and all is well with me again.

fishfighter

I will install them in the future.

rjwoelk

What kind of wood is the flooring? Is this bought or did you make it yourself? It is very nice.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

fishfighter

100+ year old quarter sawed pine, it came out of New Orleans.

rjwoelk

Did you do the T and G ?
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

fishfighter

No, it was TG already. Top board was before sending it thru a planner. Burnt up 5 sets of knives. :o  Bottom board after. Boards are 3 1/4" w 3/4" thick.

Heat index here has been hitting above 105F. Has me shut down all together. :( That and I still been under the weather is not helping.

Magicman

I am just catching up with my reading  :P  since taking time off for vacation.  It's good to see your progress in spite of this brutal heat.  smiley_sun 

Stay cool my Friend, and I don't mean that in "hippy" terms.   smiley_sweat_drop  This mess will kill you.  
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishfighter

Hope you and Pat had a good trip.

Yep, the heat is way to much. I started building a door for the back bedroom. I can only get a couple hours work done brfore the heat runs me inside. :(

fishfighter

Got that door finished and varnish.

Still under the weather and having other health problems. >:(

Weekend_Sawyer

I hope you are feeling better.

I love that door!!!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Thanks, got one more I need to build. Going to try in hang this one tomorrow.

samandothers

Heat and humidity in the dog days of summer are rough!  Take it easy and protect your health!

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Magicman

This weather is brutal my friend.  Please take it easy.  smiley_sweat_drop smiley_sun
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawmilllawyer

Amen on the being careful in the heat. Heat stroke comes easy in these temperatures. We got a break today with less than 100 degrees and a rain.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

Weekend_Sawyer

If you haven't, it would make a great thread in the wood working section to document how you build that door. That way I can copy it!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

fishfighter

Will try.

Finished up hanging the door.

The heat has been bad and yes, been staying out of it as much as I can. ;D Got some more test to do, but it's all about my pancreas not working which has been keeping me real tired. :( 

WDH

Love the way the panels match the wainscot.   Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Looks good. :)

The door handle hardware reminds me of them in grandma's house.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishfighter

Yep, always loved old door hardware. Bought them at Home Depot, around $25 a set.

sawmilllawyer

Really like that door and the old timey hardware. Thanks, for the tips. Keep on plugging away, it is turning out great.
Stihl MS-361, MS-460 mag, Poulan 2150, 2375 Wildthing.

fishfighter

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on August 23, 2019, 07:51:26 AM
If you haven't, it would make a great thread in the wood working section to document how you build that door. That way I can copy it!

Jon
Spend about an hour yesterday making a post and lost it just before finishing it. >:( There are some pictures I loaded up.

Thank You Sponsors!