iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frame Cutting - Red Wing, MN - Late June or August - Any Interest?

Started by jander3, May 07, 2014, 09:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jander3

Wife decided the hot tub has to go; we will be putting in a 10' x 10' covered area for eating and drinking.  Anyway, when things dry out (man, what a year, but that is another story), I am heading to the Stump Ranch to mill the beams and rafter stock for the covered area.  Since, I will be cutting the frame in my driveway and confounding my neighbors anyway, if anyone is local and interested in learning basic timber framing, company is most welcome.

Location = Red Wing, MN

Date = Fri, Sat, and Sun either the end of June or early August.

Price = Free, well not really, you have to bring beer and it can't be lawn-mowing-beer (i.e Bud Light)

Tools = I have most, will need a chisel, tape measure, and pencil.   At my house, mortises are hogged out with a boring machine (purchased from Jim Rogers) or drill, if you want something faster, well, then you would need to bring a chain mortiser.

Lodging = Local establishments in Red Wing, MN.

If you are interested respond, PM, or email me at jon60anderson@gmail.com.   I will set the time frame based on locals that might be interested in working on the frame.

Frame will be a scaled down version of the following (it won't be as tall and will not have a loft):

PS

Can and will share the Sketchup drawings and shop drawings of the final structure if anyone is interested.

Jim_Rogers

Thanks for posting, and good luck with your project.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Thank You Sponsors!