iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New LT10 might get here tomorrow

Started by rimshot, January 03, 2013, 10:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Glad to hear your mill was delivered, Rimshot.

ENJOY!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

rooster 58

Way to go Rimshot 8) You will be smellin sawdust soon! Lucky dawg ;D

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: thecfarm on January 07, 2013, 08:48:15 PM
Sooooo close. I would have to call into work. I would be up all night playing with. I would tell the boss I'm too tired,did not sleep at all last night.  :D
There's a few doctors here that could write you an excuse.   :) :)  Excited for you good luck.  8) 8)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

rimshot

The mill is all put together but for a couple of minor things.  All I have left is the drive belt and install the band blade.  Where did the drive belt go?   I got no drive belt with my Lt 10 PLUS I got shorted the drive key for the 10 H.P. briggs.  No problem because I had keys in stock.  A call to WM and the tech practically knew what I was going to say.  It seems more than one lt 10 has been sent out lately w/o the belt.  He overnighted a  belt but I'm not sure  Fedex can make it tomorrow for some reason they are claiming that service is not available for this item.  This is killing me because I wanted to be cutting up some logs by now.

I am also having issues with the head assembly.  It goes down but I have to pull up hard on the thing to raise it.  A call to WM tech support and they had me pop the top cover and so I did and it all looks good with cables and pulleys.  They think it is faulty air cylinders but it's brand new I don't think sos.  I installed the engine and I think it was after that task that raising the head became a chore.  WM is trying their darndest and I am impressed with their ability to make it right.

I put the mill on my big car trailer but I don't like loading logs with my log tongs and a chain.  with that set up It's going to get something.  I think I need a couple rails built over my wheel fenders to stage the logs.  I should have slid the mill a bit farther past center but I will be crowding the edge of my push the mill head and rip through the log area.  If I use forks it may work out better.  With the mill slid over I should have room to ostage a couple(2-3)logs on triler deck.  The nice [part is I can rolle  whole 9 yards of saw mill in the pole barn if weather goes  South.

Hoping Fed eX can make it happen tomorrow with a belt in hand.
rimshot
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

hamish

Geez I would be at Napa or some place getting a belt right now.

Your lift issue is most likely something is out of alignment...........you did mention it showed up damaged, might have something to do with it.
Norwood ML26, Jonsered 2152, Husqvarna 353, 346,555,372,576

rimshot

I guess I failed to add, I cranked it up initially and it seemed to shoot right up like I would think it should.

the damage was very slight and occurred to the top cover(covers cable and pulleys).  To my eye everything is looking good up there.  Has anybody ever experienced having to change the air tubes they are speaking of.  The tech guy (parts man) seemed emphatic that it has to be those cylinders.

I dunno

rim
LT 10 with a 10 h.p. and a converted boat trailer to provide mobility for a once permanent mill.

rimshot

Thanks DGDRLS,

All my sources seem to agree try lubing first.  I'm gonna hit both the track and verticle uprighits for masthead tomorrow with some ATF fluid.

Now I just got an email from the tech that advised me to replace the cylinders He said that he checked with his supervisor and after he talked with me and they discussed my situation.  I am supposed to call another tech tommorrow as they now believe it is another issue.  For now he advised they would not be sending out the air cylinders.

I am impressed with all that help from Wood-Mizer.  Those guys don't just hang up and forget about you but if they are not satisfied with their suggested solution they hunt you down and give you the updated version.  How many times do you call a tech from a computer company and somebody in Bangladesh starts swearing at you in  broken half unintelligible Engliish because you kept bugging him to repeat what advice he supposedly gave you.  I'll bet they laugh like heck at us for not getting it after they hang up.  Appears to me this company goes above and beyond.

rim

rimshot

I had a ton of fun today.  20 hours after calling Wood Mizer the Fed Ex driver handed me the missing drive belt.  And I had to call WM tech support for some tips on blade tension and blade and belt tracking.  WM tech support is tremendous.  We also dealt with the what I thought was lots of effort to raise the mast head which was eased somewhat when I lubricated that round upright. 

And I got a big bowed cedar sawed I managed to get 8 or 9 very accurate 1 X 8 boards.  It seems like such a waste when these trees come to the mill with bows but we made the most of it.

My neighbor helped me with the mil and here is a picture of him taking a slice off that cedar cant.

rim

dgdrls

rimshot,

the folks at WM are very good to deal with.

good luck and keep the pictures coming,

best
DGDrls

Magicman

Congrats on sawdust and hopefully your "up" issue will be cleared up soon.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Even got your neighbor working helping you.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!