iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got some snow today!

Started by old3dogg, October 25, 2005, 06:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old3dogg

Left my office this morning around 6:30 am. It was about 34 and raining. Got 8 miles up the hill and it was snowing so hard that I couldnt see. Had about 4" on the ground. What should have been a half hour drive to my first stop took about an hour! MAN! I JUST AINT READY FOR THIS SO SOON!

Anyone else have snow yet?

I must say that all of that white sure did look pretty on those fall colors. NOT! :(

maple flats

We don't have snow YET, but I called about a new bulk tank (for maple sap) and the guy about 20 minutes from here has about 6" and still falling. I don't mind the cold but I don't like driving on snow covered roads. It sure does seem early, we still haven't had a killing frost, may need to pick the last of the tomatoes thru snow. 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Don P

Well ,believe it or not we had air snow yesterday and today in the VA mountains. I was in sight of the 4th highest peak today and it was white when it popped out of the clouds several times. Whitetop is supposed to have, well, a white top tomorrow morning. We still have stuff in the garden too, hope this isn't a sign!

crtreedude

Nope - no snow. We haven't had any like in FOREVER.  ;)

You all can post pictures so I can remember what it was like - because I am not coming up there when it is snowing!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

old3dogg

crtreedude,

I will have to send you some via UPS because after all of the time that I have spent on this fourm I still have not learned how to post pics. I cant figure out if its my computer, Jeff dont love me or Im just an idiot. At any rate I will tell you this.

SNOW STILL SUCKS! You aint missing a thing.

crtreedude

Having spent too many years around Buffalo NY - I do know snow! I always considered it pretty - until I had to get it off the driveway.

old3dogg

Quote from: crtreedude on October 25, 2005, 07:02:53 PM
Having spent too many years around Buffalo NY - I do know snow! I always considered it pretty - until I had to get it off the driveway.

;D Like every friggen morning for 6 months out of the year!

crtreedude

Boy you got that right - and before that I lived in Rochester NY. We would get up every morning at 5:30 AM to clear the driveway so my Dad could go to work.  Dad figured that as long as he had a bunch of overgrown sons and had to feed them, he might as well get some work out of us.  :D

sprucebunny

The drive home last Sunday

They are predicting 8-12 inches around Berlin, NH tonight and there is snow above 800 feet here today. I'm at 500 feet at home.

I'm not ready AT ALL !!!!!
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

crtreedude

And they call the USA a civilized country!  :o

old3dogg

Kind of looks like my drive to St.Marys this morning. The only difference is I couldnt see a DanG thing!

I cant even put on the studded snow tires until November 15th!!

DanG old globel warming anyhow!

SkidrowJoe

We got 6 inches while I was out cruising timber, not the safist place to be when this kind of snow happens.  I had trees breaking all around me.
The stumps of today are the ceilings of tomorrow.

old3dogg

I had to sit and wait on a crew to clear a fallen tree on my way back to the office. Didnt mind the wait because now I know were there is some pretty good fire wood. FREE!

ohsoloco

Hey, don't y'all be knockin' snow  ;)  I thought it looked really nice out today, but when I got home from my errands I noticed most of my lilacs are now snapped off  :(  I wouldn't mind so much but they hide the road from the front yard.  A couple people at work said you could just knock those things off a few feet from the ground and in a few years they'll be right back where they were before  ???

This will be a nice night to sit in front of the woodstove  :)

solodan

we've been getting dustings over the passes, but none at our house yet.
that's fine by me, because last year we had 4 feet on the ground by halloween. skiing was great, but it gets a little old when it's still snowing in the middle of june.

Tom

It's been in the 60's here all day and 40's last night. I've been sitting next to the stove for two days now.  :)

maple flats

Hold the presses! We now have snow here, central NY and at 475' elev. Kind of a rain/snow mix right now. Might be shoveling in the AM. Don't start the blower up til we have about 6"+ , til then I shovel it, helps keep me young, don't need to go to the gym if I work hard enough! 8) 8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

ohsoloco

That's the best spot in the house, Tom  :)

You should've seen the dog when we went outside this morning.  It was like Christmas morning for her...DanG was she excited about all that white stuff  :D

sawguy21

18C here today. Just thought I would rub that in a little :D DanG, Joan, that scene wants me to turn the thermostat up. Just not ready for the cold wet stuff yet.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paschale

I never mind the first snowfall....it's just every one after that!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Sprucegum

I had my first snowfall October 1, its disappeared and the weather has been beautiful ever since!

I like global warming in the winter ;D ;D

Deadwood

It snowed here in Maine yesterday. I don't mean in the mountains where it snows all the time either, but right on the coast.

I cannot say that I am ready. I don't get my new snow machine until next Monday, but for the time being I still have two older ones that are just chomping at the bit to get out and stretch their legs after a long hot summer!

As I always say, "I'd rather push my snowmobile uphill on snowshoes than put up with 90 degree days!"

sprucebunny

Mt. Washington has set 2 new records. First for precipitation 26.44 inches so far this month. The most of ANY month on record. The previous record was in Feb. 1969 which was a record setting year for snowfall.
Second for snowfall in October 64 inches; the previous record was 39 inches.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

sawguy21

Over 5 feet in less than a  month :o OOOF.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

In the night, some snow was mixed in the rain but it didn't stick. It's still raining now. In Grandfalls and Northward there is a bit of snow on the ground now from this storm.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!