iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LT-15 Engine Problem

Started by TimJr, February 05, 2010, 01:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimJr

Just in case anybody else is having problems.

I have the 15 horse kohler. Most of the time when starting the engine it took quite awhile to get it to fire up. Especially after it was good and hot. After talking with woodmizer we found that it was the oil pressure switch.

New one in the mail.

Once again showing the class of Woodmizers customer service.

PROUD to be a Woodmizer owner.
Live each day like it's your last. Your never promised tomorrow.

Chuck White

Real good company to deal with!  Excellent customer service!

As are some of our other sponsors I've dealt with.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chestnut

I had the same problem with my LT15. It would always fire up when cold but once you stopped for a break it was a bugger to start. I just disconnected the pressure sensor. My next problem was the weld cracking where the exhaust goes into the muffler. I'm still happy with the machine.

Kevin

Same problem here with the oil switch.
They sent a new one and it did the same thing so I just leave it disconnected now.

TimJr

Got the new switch in the mail Friday. It does the same thing as the last one, just as you said Kevin. I now just pull the wire off to start it.
Live each day like it's your last. Your never promised tomorrow.

Magicman

I'd call WM back.  They need to know.  Sounds like a "bad lot" from the manufacturer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Captain

It's a common Kohler trait.  I installed a normally closed switch inline that I keep pressed when starting.  Once it starts, I release the switch an all is back to normal.

Captain

Thank You Sponsors!