iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The mill is growing!

Started by woodjunky, February 05, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodjunky

hey all. my dad decided to join the fun, and get sawdusty up in my woods with me. . im a log home builder by trade, and we worked together for 20 or more projects. but he retired... few years ago i got a crappy old crane. last fall i got 3 good acres and a small mill. then i stalled out on cash. then here comes my dad! boooyea! in exchange for 3 old school timber frames for my sisters. he is going to blow his load to help me get goibg.   his legacy, my future. besides the new nyle l200. we are going to get a skidster to , well do everything:). landscaping. logging. load the mill, move ples in and out of the kiln. , and hopefully lumber onto peoples trailer for sale!
anyways. i had decided to be able to produce my own materials to build. . i will not be denied. its comforting to know im going to have a spotter out there now. im very capable, but we arent playin patty cakes out there. men at work.
anyways. kiln and skidster. done deal. going to build the kiln box out of 6" rigid pannels, and spray foam seams... looking to get 16' goods in sideways with 18 foot doors. two stacks deep anf about 6' height of usable space. just goibg to make the big door in pannels that lock in. and have small access door on side. man i cant wait for this stinkin snow to melt...

drobertson

sounds like exciting times for you guys! 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I wish you the very best with your "new" venture.  Especially the part about working with your Dad.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Enjoy the adventure you two will share!  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Sounds like a "growing" idea shaping up.

Do you know that two stacks deep will work for kiln drying with your design?  Just asking... cause I'm wondering how/what you are planning for air flow.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodjunky

good stuff guys:) yea the kiln is dehumidification. up to 4000 board feet per load.  i wanted to leave room above for the fans. so i went 2 deep.  heat shouldnt be an issue. justairflow. ii plan to add some other fans to speed up drying and stop the mold.  but it all depends on how fast the unit can get rid of the water. i should be able to max out its potential... any insights greatly appreciated.

Thank You Sponsors!