iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

R.I.P Leslie Nielsen

Started by Kansas, November 29, 2010, 02:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kansas

No one could make me laugh like he did. " Airplane"  and the Naked Gun series seem to get better every time I see them.

doctorb

Agreed.  Had a cat name "Surely" ("...and don't call me Shirley...") once, all because of him.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

ely

love his work, he will be missed greatly.

Tom

He did pick some pretty good movies for his acting.  I loved his delivery and sometimes wondered where the joke was; then my mind would catch up.

I had no idea he was living in S. Florida.  I always figured he was a California resident. 

Yes, he was one of the top of his craft and I'll miss him too.

SwampDonkey

I also remember him in some 1970's cop shows as well, like Hawaii Five-O and Columbo.

Another Canadian comedian/actor leaves us.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

He was a good actor.

He'll be sorely missed.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DanG

He was a riot all right!  There wasn't much he wouldn't do for a laugh. 

Strangely, I was just thinking about him the other day.  I thought if they ever made a movie about the Obama Administration, he would have been perfect for the Joe Biden part. :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

KellyH

Its been fun since my 10 yr old discovered the humor Mr. Nielsen had put out there, most of which has been PG rated.  Giggiling, laughing and having fun with my kids has been priceless. :D  Thank You Mr. Nielsen.  You will be missed.  :-\
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!