iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Forester Video

Started by Tmac47, September 30, 2013, 12:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tmac47

One of the biggest problems that I run into when talking to landowners, is that they simply don't understand the value of timber management.

I employ salespeople and more often than not, our only competition is the lack of education out there.  People aren't emotionally invested in the management process.  Because of this, people have no understanding of how much expertise foresters bring to the table.

This video is an attempt to help landowners visualize a foresters expertise in a new way.

http://youtu.be/h0p-iQymc_E

Texas Ranger

Don't believe I ever wore a white shirt in the woods.  Lots of bloody smelly ones, but never white. :laugh:
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

That Forester in the video is a good friend of mine.  At least with the white shirt, it is easier to see the ticks. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Texas Ranger

Good video, think they would mind if I bookmarked it?

Tmac47

Bookmark away  :D

We had him wear white so that it would contrast the surroundings more starkly.

A lot of what makes a good video great are little things like that.  It's certainly not practical, but in the end you get a much better looking shot.

enigmaT120

Quote from: Texas Ranger on September 30, 2013, 08:33:15 PM
Don't believe I ever wore a white shirt in the woods.  Lots of bloody smelly ones, but never white. :laugh:

But you do have a nice desk out there??

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

Texas Ranger

Yup, when I can see the top of it.
8)

Tmac47

Quote from: Texas Ranger on October 03, 2013, 02:52:22 PM
Yup, when I can see the top of it.
8)

Haha!  See, people need to know these things.

Thank You Sponsors!