iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Older Rottne Rapid.

Started by BargeMonkey, September 25, 2019, 10:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

What is that clapped out heap worth ? Starts, moves, sloppy like something you take home after closing time. 🤣  can you still get parts for them ?? Its an OLDER Rottne Rapid. 

bushmechanic

Oh wow it's back there isn't it! Snowstorm knows about those. I think you can still get anything for a Rottne.

BargeMonkey

Supposedly they "extended" it, I think it was broken in half looking at the plating, has a hitch and extra steel in the back, lacked 3" to set it in the well, put it on the tail and I was still below legal height. 

thecfarm

I know there is at least one in this area. I have no idea who has it. Just driving around I see it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Skeans1

How long is the well on that lowboy?
Did a little digging and the brochure for that old girl say 144" from the center joint to the rear of the machine.

snowstorm

you loaded it backwards. fits better pointed the other way. iveco or ford motor? dosent look new enough to have a deere. parts should not be a problem. except if you need a air compressor for it. is that great big frame bearing ok? no broken bolts? i see it has the goofy crane. why did they think that was a good idea. overall tuff as nails

snowstorm

the goofy crane as i call it. the mast tilts. why? dont know

Skeans1

Quote from: snowstorm on September 26, 2019, 07:46:50 AM
the goofy crane as i call it. the mast tilts. why? dont know
The tilting bases are nicer on steeper ground when thinning less chances of barking something.

Old Greenhorn

Thinking of selling? I might make a call if you are. Small chance, but....

BTW, I recognize that parking spot in downtown Conesville (or is it uptown? I keep getting those 2 confused, they are so close together. ;D) I expect to be in that lot in about a week for a fine breakfast. :)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

mike_belben

Still no stripper poles, no stage, no campground.  Slackin eric.  Tsk tsk. 
Praise The Lord

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: mike_belben on September 26, 2019, 07:19:15 PM
Still no stripper poles, no stage, no campground.  Slackin eric.  Tsk tsk.
Maybe he is just not telling us about that Mike. I'll check when I roll through next week. Somebody has to keep an eye on the boy, right?
:D :) ;D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!