iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A couple pics from last winter

Started by Corley5, April 06, 2013, 11:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

It's still winter  ::) :) :)

The straight truck has load of basswood pulp.  After it was loaded Mark put a load of hardwood pulp on his truck.  The other is the Hitachi being fueled. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

wmrussel

Thanks for posting the pics.  I worked up in Wisconsin, not too far from Iron Mountain, MI.  Pretty cold for a boy from Bama.  We were up there in January of '07.  These pics brought back good memories.
My name is William, but people call me Pete.  Long story......

thecfarm

I always enjoy seeing the trucks in your area. Really like to see all those tires under the rigs!! In the third picture,what's the green rig,forwarder??
Any open area around here is all bare and I doubt you would get far with a truck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Nice rigs Corley. Glad you kept real busy this winter. Keep the wheels turn'n. :)

Quote from: thecfarm on April 06, 2013, 01:01:25 PM
I always enjoy seeing the trucks in your area. Really like to see all those tires under the rigs!! I the third picture,what's the green rig,forwarder??
Any open area around here is all bare and I doubt you would get far with a truck.

There's a 150 acre field above my woodlot. The road is just a gravel road that isn't plowed in the winter, except if someone is working up there. Well they have been hauling compost up there for over a week. But they aren't too on the ball and at the wheel very early. The ground has been getting soft my noon, and if they were smart about it they would haul and dump real early as not to tear up the road. But smart isn't something they pass out in cracker jack boxes. ;D

I was out this morning with my creepers on in the woods, and at 20 F it's pretty hard frozen. :D

I was looking some land over that the neighbor cut. Typical high grading with lots of junk trees standing for the next crop. The moose have any red maple from 10" and smaller all scraped up. They only scraped the younger 'smooth' barked ones of course. ::) If it were my woods I would have flattened it because there is nothing standing there worth growing.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Autocar

Nice looking rigs I enjoy seeing the other guys trucks , thanks for scharing.
Bill

Corley5

The day these were taken it was just warm enough to be slippery.  I put a load of cherry as ballast on the C4D forwarder to give the straight truck a boost to get moving.  Then I took the logs to mill and we sawed on them this week  :) :)  Mark keeps his fleet in good condition.  The orange truck is four years old I think.  He's got two other self loading Western Stars too.

Autocar

Talking about slippery this winter we had the snow packed like cement on the landing it was dangerous just walking around to buck logs. So after forthy years of slipping around I bought myself a pair a cork boots best money I ever spent.
Bill

Corley5

Sent this load out from my own property today.  There's 100" Scots pine pallet bolts on the lead and a partial bunk on the pup and the rest are 100" basswood pallet bolts.  Glad to see the pine leaving.  I've been wanting to get rid of the trees for a long time and went ahead and cut them assuming Northern Timberlands and Biewer would buy them as in the past.  Well the pine pulp market at NT is dry until May and Biewers are only buying 12'4" and 16'4".  Whoops  :)  There weren't any 12' let alone 16' logs anyway  :)  The pulp is going in a couple days to campfire wood guy.  I don't want it losing anymore weight as pulp especially if the weather warms up and this guy is buying by the cord.  I had to wait until now for the pallet mill to need the bolt wood.  They've been cut a month or so. 

clww

That's a whack of logs! 8)
Great post. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Corley5

Last of the Scots pine pulp heading out.  A guy bought it to process into campfire wood.  Glad to see it gone.  The last pic is of the vineyard.  I've got 1850 more vines coming in a couple weeks.  That'll give us 3,500 total. 

clww

That's going to be a lot of grapes.
How do you measure grapes anyway? Bushel? Tons? ???
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Corley5

Tons on this scale ;D  At least we hope to have tons  ;) ;D

chevytaHOE5674

So that is what dirt looks like :D. Hard to get a pickup into the woods now let alone a loaded up log truck way UP here.

Like you I've got a bunch of scots pine around the farm here but most would be lucky to make 100" logs let alone 12's or 16's.

Meadows Miller

Gday

Corley Great Pics Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)  I worked in a 300 acre irrigated vineyard a long time ago how many acres have you got in there Mate   ???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Corley5

There's about 4 acres.  300 acres  :o  That's a lot of grapes.  Five thousand vines in the ground at the end of our first 5 years is the goal.  Two more years to put in another 1,500  ;D  We might make it.

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Corley5

Our first 800 vines will be 3 years old and should have a partial crop if we decide to crop them this season.  We may pinch the clusters off and let the vines get stronger which will make for a better crop the 4th year and we'll still be at full production the fifth year.

Ed_K

Ed K

Corley5

There's about three times that to be augered for the vines.  I use a 12" bit for the posts and 18" for the plants.  I just finished 1854 and 517 holes on two other vineyards for planting.  I've got 1853 to do here yet.  The vines are coming in two batches the end of this month and the 1st week of May.  We put the posts in last fall on ours and the two other vineyards.  Just short of seven hundred here and another and around two hundred at the other one.  There's still 80 posts to set here but after 700 80 isn't much :)  I need new cutting bits on my augers before I go any further  ;D :)  Eight hours drilling holes in a 753 Bobcat is a long day.  I was doing 27 18" every fifteen minutes at the first sight this spring.  My time at the second wasn't as good because of the heavy red clay and rocks.

Autocar

Interesting story and great pictures,thanks for showing them  ;).
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!