iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lost my source, but a family lost its business.

Started by Jeff, April 19, 2008, 11:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I ran down to my sister's to get my hair cut and you can see the Hostetler place from the Expressway.  There is a brand new building there already. Less then one week since the fire :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ADAMINMO

Wow ..... Thats great. It is awesome how their community comes together in tiof need. If only the rest of the world was that way!! 8)

ely

that is great news jeff, it will amaze you at the way the amish work at a project. around in this country they are top notch craftsmen. and the women folks are even better cooks.

Brian w

Well I am a logger not a sawmill man but I have seen some burned out equipment brought back before I would think if you was to replace the bearings and  n use new blades  it should be reusable. I suppose it's just up to how much effort a person is willing to put into it. But I would think it'd be cheaper to try and fix some of the stuff than just trying to buy it all over again

sawguy21

The previous post was almost 11 years old, I'm sure they are long up and running.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

PA_Walnut

Sad news indeed...especially at this time of year. (not that ANY time is better). :o

The good news is that the Amish community, generally speaking, understands the terms "community" and "neighbor".
Here in Lancaster, prevalent Amish community, and I have seen a great deal of love-thy-neighbor, significant cooperation and a walk-the-talk demeanor.

Hopefully their peers and community with help them get back on their feet.

I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Jeff

Old topic. They were up and running within a month. Still are.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

PA_Walnut

Awesome. Not sure why it popped-up near top of my unread posts.
Oh, well. All's well that ends well.
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!