iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Should the heading read "A wrong way to start your chainsaw" or ............

Started by joe_indi, April 18, 2019, 12:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe_indi

For the past few days I have been receiving  this clip on my Whats-app.
In case you want to see the worst way to start a chainsaw, use the link to my Google drive

The wrong way to start a chainsaw/ The right way to harvest nuts

Allar

Firewood & Chainsaw videos: Firewood Warrior - YouTube

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on April 18, 2019, 10:31:43 AM
does it work for the 880 and M-tronic saws as well?  :o :o :o :o ::) :D
Only if you use a skip tooth chain. I guess they have to bring back those labels that say "WARNING: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO STOP CHAIN WITH HANDS OR GROIN!" Then again, maybe this fella can't read. Thinking doesn't seem to be his strong suit.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

sawguy21

What's the problem? The brake was on. :D :D It's called thinning the herd.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

may have been staged, convenient to be filming at the work site and turn to the eunuch trying to start a saw. it pulled to hard to have plug removed.  He pulls it like he means it, and has started a saw before, and i bet you only make this mistake once, or twice...or should i say x 2.   :-[ :o :( ;D :D  I assume when OG mentioned skip tooth, he was not referring to dental work... ;D  He looks like a nut, but he seems to be having a ball... ...  ... think_not

referred to in the ED as a "stem to stern" accident.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Mike W

Well ya cant fix stupid, albeit at least he is in the process of "self treatment" to prevent further spreading of the disease :-\  

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on April 18, 2019, 12:08:32 PM

referred to in the ED as a "stem to stern" accident.
Good one Doc, I will add that to my list of narrative descriptions. Right up there up TSTL, CTD, NLPR, DRT, etc. ;D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

clww

OMG! What an idiot! I've seen some unorthodox methods, but never one like that guy is attempting. He should try that with my 090. smiley_idea
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

joe_indi

Could we call it the Asian equivalent of Texas Chainsaw Massacre,  with a twist in the 'tail'

Air Lad

He may make an excellent bull rider ( once the stitches have healed )

John Mc

If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!