iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bob Cat Mount

Started by Bill Gaiche, January 09, 2014, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

This is a piece of Juniper from Chama. It has been high pressure washed of bark. I didnt cut it or wash it. All I did was sand the ends of the limbs and put a coat of sanding sealer and a coat of poly on it. It will have a Bob Cat mounted laying on the middle part. It belongs to a friend. bg

Magicman

Looking at it makes me tired.  That is beautiful.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

54Dutchman

Another amazing creation & excellent workmanship ;D ;D ;D 8) ;D ;D

21incher

That is one beautiful piece of wood. I hope you post a picture with the Bob Cat on it.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bill Gaiche

I will take a photo if I can. bg

thecfarm

That does look good. What do you mean if you can?? Tell your friend,no picture,no Juniper.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mmartone

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

davidlarson

Bill - Did you get this piece in Chama, New Mexico?  Some years ago I spent two months in northern New Mexico, and remember Chama as a beautiful place, justifying New Mexico's reputation as "The Land of Enchantment."
David L.

WmFritz

I don't think I've every seen anything like that. That really is beautiful.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Bill Gaiche

Davidlarson, yes Chama New Mexico. My friend brought it back. It is a really pretty place and through out that area. bg

m wood

Oh my! that'll be an awesome mount base
I am Mark
80 acre woodlot lots of hard and soft
modified nissan 4x4/welding rig
4x4 dodge plow truck
cat 931b track loader
Norwood mark IV
4' peavy
6' peavy
stihl 034
"her" wildthing limber saw
ALL the rustic furniture  woodworking stuff
check out FB

ffpup

00 Vance 471 Detroit power

WDH

Really special piece of wood.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Andy White

Bill
I got the picture now! I could not figure out how you could get a Bobcat loader on that limb! Then I remembered that there are other kinds besides machinery. A really distinctive mount for sure. We will need pictures of that.   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Bill Gaiche

Andy, Andy, I must say you make me smile. Yeah its the one with 4 paws instead of tires. Will get photo when finished. bg

Lud

Carve both and have a pin mount.   Then you can surprise someone with a , "Oh, I thought you meant......."    What a Hoot! ;D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

clww

That's a beautiful piece of wood. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

dablack

That is amazing looking!  You could put about anything on that.....four wheels, paws, whatever, and it would look great!
Building my own house in East TX

giant splinter

WOW! BG thats a beauty, I hope you have a chance to share a photo after the bobcat is mounted. ;D
roll with it

SwampDonkey

Now Lud you behave yourself. That only works once. :D

That cedar piece sure looks great. I hope the color holds. Here kitty kitty. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bill Gaiche

Well its been over a year since I started this. Today the Bob Cat mount is finished. I tried to keep my word that when it would be done I would post a photo of it. bg

clww

Was your buddy the taxidermist?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Andy White

Bill,
That was certainly worth waiting a year to see!! That is awesome work. Did I see a 300.00$ tag on it?  Andy 8) 8) ;D
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sorta looks out of Place.......would look better in my house.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WDH

You already have one.  His does not have weeds growing on it  :D.  Andropogon if I remember correctly.

Bill,

That is really a nice piece.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on February 22, 2015, 08:01:46 PM
His does not have weeds growing on it  :D.  Andropogon if I remember correctly.

I know....gonna get me some glyphosate......that'll solve that problem. ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bill Gaiche

I didn't do the mount. A lady near us does that stuff. She did about a dozen other mounts which were deer and elk for for my friend. He has his shop lined with all that stuff hanging from the walls. bg

Bill Gaiche

Andy, I don't think he would take $1000.00 for it. bg

thecfarm

Oh yea,now I see the bobcat. That wood looks mighty nice.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

IMO that piece of pretty wood looks the better of the two.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!