iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Visiting a fellow sawyer and woodworker

Started by giant splinter, February 21, 2015, 02:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giant splinter

I recently had the pleasure of meeting a very talented sawyer and woodworker as well as an incredible custom built furniture builder, We all know him as Rob .....( Tule Peak Timber ), he took a few hours out of his busy schedule to show me his remarkable operation. His choice of milling equipment and his mountain of  < W I D E > hardwood slabs as well as a tall deck of cookies give away the orderly and consistent quality everywhere you look on his site. We then went over to his shop and he showed me a few of his upcoming projects that are on the drawing board. Along with a work in progress that is of his well known classic design and quality .... may be of the "one off" type of what we see coming from his custom shop. Rob spent a little time sharing some tips and ideas on shaper production and tooling as well as a few of his custom jigs and his well known finishing methods / materials. He gave me the green light to share a work in progress that he just started out on and I am sure will be sharing with us in the future.

roll with it

beenthere

You can put your pics in your post. We like that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Shotgun

giant splinter, your giant (!!) URL is making problems for lots of folks by making their pages span two of three times the width of their screen.  Any chance you'd be willing to fix this problem?  I bet many would appreciate it.  Thanks.
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

giant splinter

Beenthere,
I tried about three times and transfering them from my gallery failed .... probably due to something I was doing incorrectly. I hope someone can fix it ... I am still scratching my head on that one as I have not had trouble in the past.
Shotgun : I will try to correct this as soon as possible, not sure how but sounds like something must be done. my apologies to those effected. I will stop posting until I get it fixed.
roll with it

drobertson

Giantsplitter, you beat me to it!  I'm planning on a possible visit tule's way, just waiting on the move date for my son, it will only be a tree hour trip or so to get there from there ;D  Just wondering on the traffic just before one gets there ya know?  Yea, you know I'm sure, any insight would help, ;D  timing is just killer on this end, a grand baby being born, son being moved, and a memorial for my late Uncle Jess, all in the same time frame, almost like a play at home plate in the bottom of the ninth, lots of dust, and a close call ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

hackberry jake

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!