iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new to the forum

Started by efitzgerald, December 05, 2004, 07:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

Welcome Ed just one thought where do you find a steak for $2.00?  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

efitzgerald

tougher than a $2.00 steak

efitzgerald

i figured it out got through that part of the process   does that constitute as hazing

DanG

Waytago Eddward! That's an awesome looking mill. Now that you've showed us a pitchker, tell us a bit about it and how you came by it. :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Pete J

I guess will have to find you some room in the frat house now. Just don't tell your parents what goes on in here.

doublecutusa

Welcome aboard Ed.  Do like I do, call a 17 year old geek and give him a package of blank cd's in payment and tell him what you want...done!

efitzgerald

Well the mill actually belongs to a buddy of mine and his dad right now. I started working with them when they had a scragg mill set up to mak pallet cants. Well I got shiped of to Fort Riley Kansas with the U.S. army reserves in support of Operation Enduring Freedom/ Operation Iraqi Freedom. They bought the mill from some guy in Southern Ohio. We then in turn sold the scragg mill to some amish guy in Southern Ohio. We use this mill mainly to produce and cut railroad ties. Although we have come to find out we end up producing lots of differant grades of lumber. So now we have lots of lumber to get rid of. My buddies dad is going to turn the mill over to us when we get this going good and he makes his money back off of it. His dad has another mill out at his place outsde of town. He uses that mill to cut grade lumber and do custom sawing. He has three kiln dries that we dry all of our lumber in. We also do alot of logging of our own. We have started getting into timber brokering alittle. So far we are doing pretty good. We now are working on the weekends to split and sell firewood.

WV_hillbilly

Welcome Ed . Another one from Ohio . If we get a few more we might   outnumber those Michigan members .

Nice looking setup there .  What kinda power you running that mill with ?  

Heck you are just a stones throw away from BBTom .He lives by Malobar State Park .
Hillbilly

efitzgerald

where the heck is malabar stae lake at

WV_hillbilly

It's right below Mansfield. So it should be just a little Northeast of you .
Hillbilly

efitzgerald

hey everyone We just logged about 8 truck loads of walnut. I have a few truck loads on the camera. As soon as i can get my wife to upload them to the computer i will let everyone see all this money. we ended up with 3 truck loads of veneer walnut logs.

doublecutusa

Welcome aboard Ed!  Do you have a geeky nephew?  Do you know of anyone that will loan you a geeky nephew??  He can take care of it. :D

doublecutusa

uh oh...didn't read far enough...my partner is always acusing me of that. ;D..looks like you have a lot of mechanical ability.  Good luck with the business.  This is a neat place for ideas and information. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!