iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new purchase

Started by bull, November 14, 2009, 11:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Waiting on approval from the lease company!!! With any luck there's a Multitek 1610 EZ firewood processor in my future, please God !!!! The Mrs. is infavor so hopefully with a little help from the guy upstairs it could be on its way by the end of the week....... fingers are crossed wish me luck !!!

rickywashere

good luck  i hope it works out for ya

Magicman

Wishing you good luck on your venture.....It should be faster than this...... smiley_chop
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stonebroke

Are you going into business or just a little side venture? wish I had one.

Stonebroke

bull

Im getting older, older than my age 44 and cord wood is killing me....... Broken back and bad legs w/ arthritis makes it tough to cut and split a cord of wood each day..... I have been selling firewood since I was 12 years old so this is not a new venture.  With a processor I will be able to continue.
last years ice storm raised hell with my wood lot and now I have firewood logs everywhere...
I have had enough w/ the chain saw and old clunker log splitter !!! I could easily drag up 200 cord withing the next month to process. My son who is a little person and  in a wheel chair can run the machine and do something to help out, he's always looking to do more/new things........
I also run my sawmill and grow 3-5 acres of vegetables farmstand and farmers market. Diversification is the only way to survive and we are doing it !!!!!

stonebroke

sounds good to me, wish you luck.

Stonebroke

Magicman

Sounds like a plan.....a good plan.     8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DanG

Quote from: bull on November 15, 2009, 09:34:51 AM
Diversification is the only way to survive and we are doing it !!!!!

You hit that nail right on the head, Bull!  A little bit of this and a little bit of that is what will see ya through the lean times. ;)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Captain

Keep us posted, Mike.   :)

Sawyerfortyish

Good luck with your machine. I bought a model 2020 back in 1990. Everyone thought I was nuts paying 35g for a splitter. There 3 times that now for the same machine. Well here I am 19 years later and still running the same machine. There a good machine. I've had good luck and few repairs. My machine has an Iszusu diesel that runs and runs and runs always starts no matter how cold even down to well below 0. Even with a processor it's still a lot of work. I found the best way to handle the wood is to make some kind of a pit or bin with a floor and walls you can push against to use a loader to load. I use a skidsteer with forks to load the live deck then switch to the bucket to load the split wood on my dump truck. I work full time at my sawmill and do wood mornings before work and deliver nights after work. If you want to know anything or if I can help PM me and will talk.

bull

looks like I will be putting my signature on a few peices of paper tommorow...

Captain

Good we expect PICTURES and maybe for me a personal demonstration  :)

bull

Definetly Craig, I let you know when everything is up and running !!!  Should be shipped around thanksgiving.... My wife is telling her friends at work that it will be my christmas present an now all the men want to send there wife's over here to be trained on how to be an awesome wife !!!

firefighter

I purchaseed a new peterson mill and my wife said that was good ,when I came home in october she asked how i was going tomove this mill around so we went and looked at a truck and also a cargo trailer and she said get them ,somy next thing was I needed an ATV or something to move this log arch and when I asked if it was okay to get an ATV she said okay and talking to the salesperson she pipes up and said you should give us a free helmet and he agreed .Now she informs me my spending day are finished not bad though !

Magicman

Sounds like it was good while it lasted.......now it's her turn...... :D

bull

Got a call this afternoon, processor is on a truck and on the road!!!!

woodmills1

did you go for the straight EZ or opt for the live deck?  the 1610 looks like a very sweet machine for the bucks.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

bull

Went with the 2 strand live deck, didn't like how the machine bounced around in the video, when loading witht he single log pickup....

woodmills1

I am with you on the movement, did you see where it looked like one log fell off but they cut the video?  BTW  I am putting in a down payment on the used 2008 on the web site for delivery Jan 2  8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

bull

firefighter, you forgot the most impotant thing, the ATV is hers you just get to use it more... I bought the wife a dual wheel wheel barrow for her birthday, a ridding lawn mower for mothers day, a roto tiller just because I love her, a chain saw for our anniversary etc !!! Remember in marriage we must share burdens and responsibilites...... 8)

nas

Quote from: bull on November 26, 2009, 08:17:46 AM
firefighter, you forgot the most impotant thing, the ATV is hers you just get to use it more... I bought the wife a dual wheel wheel barrow for her birthday, a ridding lawn mower for mothers day, a roto tiller just because I love her, a chain saw for our anniversary etc !!! Remember in marriage we must share burdens and responsibilites...... 8)
whatever you do, don't buy her a weigh scale :o :o :D :D

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

firefighter

Nick I did buy her a nice lawn mower 2 years ago with electric start so when I was working in Wawa Ontario she could mow the lawn ,she loved it Rose grew up on a farm so she is not shy to work ,she has all ready mad plans for the new ATV.

isawlogs

Back in '89 I was leaving for James Baie in august and was not planning comming back till Christmas , I told da wife I was going to get her something to keep her warm while I was gone  ;D   She did not take the delivery of a new woodburnin furnace to well .  ::)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

bull

lease is up in may on the escape, she get a new car then !!

woodmills1

So????

did ya get it yet?

Thank You Sponsors!