iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hee Haul rides again, now with a 5sp manual.

Started by Delawhere Jack, December 19, 2014, 05:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: JB Griffin on December 22, 2014, 08:42:36 PM
I mean no disrespect to anyone at all, just stating what I have seen and know.

Road salt is murder on vehicles....... You're not insulting anyone mentioning that, it's just a fact of life.

chevytaHOE5674

Its either a dana44hd or dana 50 TTB, most 250's had the 44hd. Measure the diameter of the locking hub if its ~3" its a 44hd if its 4" its a 50.

As for the u-joints all of them are serviceable without cutting anything. On the passenger side the short shaft that goes into the differential is held in with a C-clip inside the carrier, therefor to replace that joint you have to pull the 3rd member out the back of the axle housing. Many guys will then eliminate the C-clip and place a cut down valve spring inside the slip joint, the tension from that will hold the axle inside the differential.

coxy

Quote from: snowstorm on December 22, 2014, 07:08:10 AM
Quote from: coxy on December 21, 2014, 05:22:39 PM
I have a 96 f250 7.3 plow and over 400k and mine is not cracked  (yet)   :D or did they fix them by this time
my 97 did it when it was 2 yrs old. at the time i asked the ford dealer about it. he had 9 trucks waiting to be fixed. the fix was replace the housing. the parts are no longer available. if you find one buy it. if you have to replace the center u joint cut it out with a torch then install the new one
that's what I did then ground the caps a little so they slid in nice   :) if you don't cut that u joint you have to pull the front end out and get the keeper of the end of the axel  hot wrenches are the best  :D

Thank You Sponsors!