iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hunting in the UK

Started by Tom, May 02, 2008, 05:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

I was just  messing around today and discovered that Bow hunting has been made illegal in the UK with this law  Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

Texas Ranger

The UK seems to take extra steps to reduce man and his various inclinations to regulated serfdom.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

ibseeker

My wife's family comes to visit from England on a fairly regular basis and the first thing they want to do is drive my truck with the big V8 and go shooting! We drag out the shotguns, 22's and pistols and head for the high desert. I let them drive off road and we bring clay pigeons and they all have a blast. It's something they can't do in England.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

SwingOak

Isn't it interesting that a country with such restrictive gun laws actually encourages the use of silencers on hunting rifles? After all, we don't want to disturb the neighbors, do we...

Warren

I was in the U.K. a couple eyars ago on business.  Picked up a couple guns books in London.  From the looks of the ads, it appears that owning the firearm or pellet rifle is difficult.  But the suppressors are OTC if you have the firearm.  Just the opposite of the U.S. where firearms are easy, but it takes 3 months, a $200 tax stamp, finger prints and a federal back ground check for the suppressor.

It was interesting to see the set ups (ghillie suits, blinds, suppressed air rifles) that were used in the U.K. to pop pigeons in the back yards.
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

SwingOak

I was in Cabela's this past weekend and saw a Gamo pellet gun called the "Whisper" - .177 cal and 1100 fps or something like that, with a suppressor. I guess it doesn't count 'cause it's an air gun?

Mixed reviews on their website though...

Thank You Sponsors!