iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

She has a name...

Started by Ruffneck, July 18, 2012, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

That was fun 8)  Loved it

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Ruffneck

Almost ended up with video for the ring of fire last summer Lazerdan :o

tyb525

I sure would get sick of turning that winch, I'd just use a cant hook with some anti-rollback ramps! (except on the really heavy logs). Looks like the winch could be geared a lot higher though, man that takes way too long!

I would get sick of running around the mill to unload a board also, just throw 'em onto the arms or stack them on the same side you are on!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Ruffneck

One of these days a hydraulic loader will be added... I'm filling up the swear jar quick using the manual winch. :D

The time has come for me to start ignoring my newest lady... I am missing my old girlfriend and want to spend some time with her. She may not be as shiny as the Orange Blossom Special, but I find her very satisfying... Her name?

The Water Dawg  ;D ;D ;D

beenthere

Ruffneck
Are you in the business of pounding in wells too? That looks like an old neighbors rig...well one of the several that he had that is. ;)

Or maybe just fishing out and replacing pumps?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Ruffneck

I hope to be in the business soon Beenthere... Right now I'm in the rigging business. I just picked up 600' of new drilling cable, it's the last bigticket item.  8)
I ended up finding her for sale in the Capital Press. When I called it turned out to be for sale five miles south of my Goldendale Washington place... I paid $1,000 and he delivered it for me.  :)
I hope to be drilling my well soon...Water is Life!

Mooseherder

I like the parking brake. ;)

Ruffneck

That "parking brake" has been in my way since I found it... It even followed the rig to the drill site :D

sandhills

They must multiply, I have an almost identical one that follows dad's old grain truck everywhere!

fishpharmer

Watched video for the first time, nice.   8)

Your LT35 is FAST!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Woodchuck53

Enjoyed it Ruffneck. Wish you lived closer with that pound rig. The wife is making noise about a flower watering well. Not in the plans for now, to expensive here. Nice videos also.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Ruffneck

Thanks for the great replies everyone! :)
Quote from: Woodchuck53 on August 10, 2012, 11:37:54 PM
Enjoyed it Ruffneck. Wish you lived closer with that pound rig. The wife is making noise about a flower watering well. Not in the plans for now, to expensive here. Nice videos also.

In my area they charge $21 per foot plus casing and all the needed supplies. I've seen well reports in the area as deep as 700 feet without producing any water. The owner gets charged for a very expensive post hole in those cases. :o

When I look at that old truck I envision a self loading log truck. After I drill my first well, I may end up putting the drill rig on a trailer and start to work on the log truck... It's just an idea that popped into my head after posting the pic... I have no idea whether this would be a good truck for logging or not. There's always new things to learn. ;D

One foot deep.... So Far :P

Stay Safe!

Ruffneck

Made me my first sawbuck today. That should make processing my slabs a little bit easier ;D

Ruffneck

I have never posted over 5 posts on any forum before I joined FF. This is my 100TH!! 8) 8) 8)
Thanks for making this such a cool forum smiley_clapping

beenthere

Members like you are what makes this a cool forum.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

slider

I like that truck.Let us know how the well comes out.
al glenn

hackberry jake

When I joined I thought "some of these people have over a thousand posts... They must have too much time on their hands". Knowledge is power and there isn't more knowledge anywhere than the ff. I love this place. I wish my sticker stacks looked like yours  :)
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

tree-farmer

You may want to try de-caf coffee... running machine that fast you will break something.... :D
Old doesn't bother me, its the ugly that's a real bummer.

Thank You Sponsors!