iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ATV Tracks

Started by mitchash, April 16, 2006, 10:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchash

I have seen a lot off different ATV tracks and was wondering how well the different types work? I like the ones that have the frame with an extra set of wheels that the tracks ride over, I seen one some place with that set up with skis on the front wheels for snow. The tracks that replace the wheels look good too. I bet either type would give more traction and less impact for small logging jobs. Thanks,  Ash

beenthere

Take a look at sprucebunny's gallery and see her pics of the tracks on her atv.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7

Like this one?

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

Hey, Ash

My tracks have more than 1500 year'round miles on them , now. They are made by A.D. Boivin in Canada. They were the least expensive type and the only ones that did not reduce the final drive ratio so I can run wheels on the front in the summer.

They improve traction dramatically and also don't leave ruts. The downside is that ATV tires do alot of the ride softening and when you take the tires off the ride gets pretty stiff.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

HARLEYRIDER

AD Boivin makes 2 track models. the "Giant" has the most ground surface 3.75 sq tf per track, and they offer steering assist. Giant is mainly for snow. The Traxion+ is a 4 season track with 2.75 sq ft ground surface per track
giant is $3500   traxion+ is $3200

there is another co. that sells tracks for just the rear wheels, but I can't find it right now.
Greenwoods Timberworks

Thank You Sponsors!