iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Burn insurance

Started by woodtroll, December 15, 2009, 12:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodtroll

Contractors in my area are looking for insurance co. that will cover prescribed burning or even pile burning on private land. Any info and leads would be helpful.

beenthere

Lloyds of London cover everything.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

gascher

A couple of years ago I was looking for insurance for a client for a controlled burn to regenerate a red oak forest.  My agency specializes at insuring businesses in the forest products industry, but I did not have a company that would write insurance for controlled burns.  I searched the insurance marketplace, even contacting some brokers who write for Lloyds of London.  At that time, there was an agent in Georgia that was the only US source for insurance for controlled burns.  I did some searching today, but I cannot find the name of the agent.  Maybe someone in Georgia has heard of the agency.

gascher

I found two possible sources for insurance for controlled burns:

Outdoor Insurance Group  www.oigcorp.com

Sportsmans Insurance Agency, Inc.  http://www.siai.net/qu/chapteriinfo.asp

Gary Ascher
Loggers Insurance Agency, Inc.
www.loggerinsurance.com

Wudman

Outdoor Underwriters offers a prescribe burn policy.  They are backed by Lloyds of London.  I don't know if they are licensed in your state but you could check into it.  (www.outdoorund.com)

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

woodtroll

Thanks for the info, Does not look like any are licensed for Wyoming.

Thank You Sponsors!