iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What blades to run on a Norwood lm 29

Started by Maplehillfarms, February 05, 2018, 09:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maplehillfarms

I have a lm 29 been using sabertooth blades with 3/4" tooth spacing, can I go to a 7/8" and what will the difference be ?

ladylake

The 7/8 will use a bit less power, the 3/4 will saw straighter in tough wood.   I use 3/4 most of the time.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Maplehillfarms

Do you sharpen your blades and how often do you reset them ?

ladylake

I sharpen my blades to 4° and reset when needed, most times the 2nd sharpening.  If cutting spruce or dried out pine I set heavy . The only blade I've found that cuts spruce good is a 3/4 pitch  4° and heavy set.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

dgdrls

Welcome Maplehillfarms,

what are you sawing most of the time and how big?

D

Maplehillfarms

Pine poplar mostly nothing real big 24" at stump

JB Griffin

Sounds to me that you need some 7/8" pitch 4deg blades.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

dgdrls

I believe some 7/8 pitch   8 deg or 7 deg,  would do well,

here is some more on the subject
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=63126.60

D

Thank You Sponsors!