iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How are the rest of you Hoosiers doing?

Started by Faron, June 08, 2008, 09:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faron

Just wondering how you are doing with the flooding this weekend.  Every bit of the bad weather went north of us.  We planted corn all weekend.  According to the newspaper, Bedford, 50 miles northeast of us, was flooded, with the main highway closed.  All that water will be coming our way, with major flooding on the White River.  Looks like OWW could have gotten a lot of rain.  Some reports in that area of 9.5 inches of rain.  21 counties declared disaster areas, last I heard. :(
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

tyb525

I live north of that, east central Indiana...Missed most of the rain. Got high winds (~50mph) with an 80-90mph gust (tornado?), which snapped 2 of my white pines and tore a 3ft+ diameter branch (about 1/3 of the top) off a big cottonwood in my woods.

Who knows what other trees blew down, I'm just glad there was no damage to anything else.

Pine:

Cottonwood branch: (across the creek)

Tree it came from:

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

trim4u2nv

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/photos/hbombexplosion/2559329879/

This tornado passed about 1/2 mile south of us but didnt touch down.  A few miles west in richton park,il it touched down and tore a semi in half and downed some high voltage towers.  The state police have a good chunk of I57 closed and quite a few barns had roofs torn off.  This went right over our warehouse (lansing,il) and only broke off some small ash branches.  When it passed over lake michigan the air pressure caused the lake level to drop 2 feet ahead of the storm causing seiche warnings for boaters.  A lot of high voltage lines down and can't go into these areas.   Many traffic control lights out also.

Thank You Sponsors!