iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some of this winters mill mods

Started by DbltreeBelgians, March 25, 2013, 10:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

Been a while since I've posted anything. Been working on the mill quite a bit this winter. Here are just a few of the mods made with more to come as time permits.

This is the adjustable blade guide mounted on an "H" block linear slide and 12v linear actuator.

Here's one of the roller toeboards mocked up. I used 2" sch 80 pipe and turned out the ID to fit a 2" OD x 1"ID flange bearing. Has 6+ inches of lift but highly doubt I'll use it all. I've since changed out the rollers for 2" sch 40 stainless. I also wrapped all the bunks with stainless. I hate rust and won't have to worry about paint rubbing off on my fresh cut lumber!

And here we are all sandblasted and ready for paint. Some of the smaller items setting on the frame like the hyd squaring posts, hyd log clamp and lift, hyd cylinders and roller toeboard brackets were cleaned in the blast cabinet and painted or are ready for paint.
Now all I need is a little warm weather this week to melt the new snow away that we got last night and today and I can get it painted and reassembled.
Can't come soon enough. Ready to make some saw dust.

Till next time,

Brent

papow22

Well that is a great looking set up for the adjustable blade guide. smiley_paparazzi smiley_thumbsup
Lives to do sawdust,run a trapline,hunt big game,live life to it's most.Got 4 mills a circle mill,(2 band sawmills) Norwood's 2000, Trim Saw,Beam Machine (chainsaw mill).

Chuck White

Looks like some nice work there Brent!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

millwright

How fast does that linear actuator travel? I've been looking at them but all the ones I've seen move really slow.

DbltreeBelgians

Hi Millwright, It move at about 1" per sec. Not real fast but seems to do a decent job. Yet to try it out while sawing so the jury is still out on how well it will work.

Brent

Ga Mtn Man

Slow is OK on the movable guide.  I added a PWM circuit to my TK to slow it down.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!