iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

portable Belsaw

Started by loggah, January 04, 2013, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Ya brad and his brother mike, we have been friends for over 35 years .
and yes I have seen top notch trucks around
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

loggah

Well Cheryl took some more pictures of the portable Belsaw yesterday,  when i moved the Timberjack over there.  heres a few. Don

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

thecfarm

Lights to saw at night even. pretty clever putting the motor down under.Looks like an edger that can be pulled up and used?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

I like your flak shield Don,even a built in edger,what are you using for an engine.?? Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

loggah

54 H.P.  Volkswagen industrial,the clutch control is back at the operator area. You can crank the edger up and put the belts on, flop a idler pulley ,remove the guard ,and your edging. You cannot run the saw and edger at the same time. Generally you save all the pieces that need edging till the end of the day ,takes about 15 minutes to change over. Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Meadows Miller

Gday

Loggah thats is a bloody tidy litte mill there  :) ;D ;D 8) I assume you have sawn alot of timber on er and how long have you had it Mate  ???

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

loggah

Chris,Actually  i just got it last summer, it had set for 15 years when i bought it ,i had to spend about 150 hrs tinkering it up and changing a few things around. I haven't sawn much 1500 BD FT maybe  but it does real well. I actually talked to the fellow who built it back in 1979 and hes a design engineer and said he took a year to build it. I been pulling out logs today with the old timberjack ,so i will be ready to saw again right after sugaring season. Don

Meadows Miller

Awesome  :) ;D are you just planing on milling your own stuff or sawing for others or sale too Mate  ???
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Dave Shepard

Very neat. I like the built in edger. What is that in the background, D-5B?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

loggah

I am just sawing some stuff for a equipment shed i "NEED"  to build, i got a few  guys that want me to saw some pine shingles this spring, when you saw lumber and shingles there aint much waste in the tree. Its a straight D-5 and a little John Deere 24 skid steer. In the first picture is a Allis -Chalmers 653 dozer.  Theres a few komatsu D 155s and a Cat 235b  around the corner!!! i just got to much junk hanging around ! ;D Don

captain_crunch

Don
Are you going to keep it portable or set up stationary ??
if so here are some better pics of my log turning system

even the Crunch debarker system ::)

this sure keeps from beating up the light belsaw knees Mill was shut down or the lock out on carrage feed lever would have been flipped to lock carrage keeping it from getting its own ideas :o :o
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

loggah

I'm going to keep that one portable, and make my other one  over into the heavy duty stationary  . i been cutting some pine and dragging it out to both mills ,last couple days, i do like your turner !! i see you have the holes in your brow beams like i do,stick the peavey point in them and slide the cant onto the carriage. Don

hardtailjohn

Captain, do you just roll the turners up by hand or is there a lever or something to get them up? I like that setup... gotta get something on mine.
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

captain_crunch

John
there is a bolt welded on inside of first Half Moon that you grab to roll Moons up with works slick. Would love to see your set up be far from smart but know a fellow who is  so maybe we can compare notes and help each outher out :P :P
Brian
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

bandmiller2

Brian,I've always admired your log turners,only fault I could find is it being hard for you to get over to the peavy you must step up on the deck.What if you removed the two planks closest to the carriage and put a hinged gate just on your side.You could walk easily to the peavy to turn and dog the log/cant just drop the gate section to load. Frank C.

hardtailjohn

Brian, thanks!  Mine's still sitting in a snow bank...but hopefully this spring.........
John
I'm so far behind, I think I'm ahead!

captain_crunch

Frank
That is one design flaw ::) But we had to use saw frame to anchor deck to beings we were lacking subframe to atatch to. I need to build a better step rather than a cookie cut off a log :D :D When we have a crew one of us generaly hangs out up there and stages logs with tractor. In these small logs I generaly only roll log once. Once I get 90° generaly slice log into 1 or 2 in slabs then resaw them too much waste if you make cants. But on a bigger log once you get a cant things go zing,zing ;D ;D

bandmiller2

Brian, how did I know you had it all figured out.I usally don't mess with smaller logs and almost always cut from a cant.Getting to the cant I generate boards that must be edged,which I would much rather do on the circular saw than the band.If I was earning my beans doing this I would certinly own an edger. Frank C.

loggah

Having the edger built in to the portable mill works pretty well!!

captain_crunch

Frank
Got edger in planning(even paid for) but just not put together yet

Thank You Sponsors!