iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to forum

Started by Gus, August 28, 2003, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gus

All, I been lurking around here for a few days. Was pointed at the site by rusty from "Rusty's sawmill forum". (Thanks Rusty)

Delivered and sold logs to mills for a good share of my life. Skidded with about everything you can think of from a TreeFarmer C4 to a John Deere 750 crawler. But Have never run a sawmill although I been around them plenty.

Sold the Logging business I had a few years ago, got educated and got a real job. hehehehe!

Can't seem to stay away from the woods though, Its kinda like whiskey or something. The smell of sawdust still drives me wild.

Got a small farm and been making plans to build some outbuildings but lumber is so high it is rediculous. ( might just be an excuse to buy a large toy).
Anyway, I know little or nothing about these smaller mills. Right now I'm just looking and lurking in the background reading posts about different mills, gathering hoopla from different manufacturers. Its a real jungle out there I'm finding.

Don't mind me I'll just lurk until I'm informed enough to ask some questions.

Thanks, Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

Jeff

Well its about time we got us a Gus on here. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Gus.

Don't hide back there too long. Come out and wave once in a while. :D

chet

Welcome aboard Gus. Ya can't hide any more cause we know your out dar.  ;)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Frank_Pender

Welcome to the sawdust pile,  and other stuff, Gus.   :D Your learning curve will climb faster if you get involved and not just lurk around. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

WoodChucker

Hey Gus, welcome to the forum.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

Mark M

Hi Gus

Welcome to da looney bin errr... I mean da Forestry Forum. ;)You must be south of me someplace beings how I'm in North Dakota and you is in South Dakota.

What kinda trees you got over there in the east? I don't remember seeing many the last time I went to Sioux Falls, mainly just corn. Whatever ya got I'll trade some of this cottonwood that grows like weeds along the Missossorri. Sure would like to have some nice pine logs so I could finish my dog house.

Mark in Bismarck

ARKANSAWYER

Mark is you trying to say Gus has been logging in a corn field ???   I went through the Dakotas one time and it seemed like all I saw was wheat and sunflowers.  Must have been the time of the year.  
    Gus, Welcome and join in and pick sides of Grits or no Grits.   Seems we divide along these lines.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

Welcome, Gus. Be very careful what ya tell Mark about yer logs. He and his neighbors will form a posse, and come out and conviscate them logs, so's they can be on da TV again. :o :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodhaven

CAUTION !!
Always wear your hip boots in here it gets pretty deep sometimes.
Richard

Thank You Sponsors!