iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

band sawmill

Started by madmh, June 24, 2009, 01:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmh

I am looking at buying a backyard mill.  Does anyone have any experience with Turner mills.  Can you add any advice?

ADAMINMO

you usin a mill to saw up steaks? Should have put it in the sawmill section.

madmh

Yeah, I know!!!  But, then there there are just steaks, and then there are.......... 8)  the best!

shinnlinger

MAd,

I have a 13 horse Honda Manual Turner and think it is great for what it is.  Extremely simple and you can get all the parts at NAPA should you ever need anything.  I have the extension and have sawn 26 foot 10x12's.

Mine is NOT a production machine(no manual mill is), but it has worked very well for my personal needs.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

shinnlinger

I should add that Turner makes larger mills with hydraulics and Trailer kits and all that.  The owner is extremely nice also.  Do you live in the Northeast?  He delivers the mills from NY.
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

Puffergas

If it's anything like my Burg you'll love it. If you plan on sawing large logs in time you'll want somekind of log turner and that could be as simple as an over-head hoist/winch. As far as production that would require a debarker, head saw, cant saw, chipper for the slabs, edger etc.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Thank You Sponsors!