iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

can you move a 440 john deer skidder with a f 150 with a dual axel trailer

Started by logger123, April 03, 2014, 11:54:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad murdock

You are lucky you lived to tell the tale, and doubly lucky you didnt get stopped or fined heavily in the process.  I think it is a suicide mission.  I pulled my Garrett with a 3/4 ton diesel pickup and a 3 axle trailer with brakes, it did well and stopped well.  If trailer brakes didn't work, even with the 3/4 ton I would have been in a pickle.  My model 15 with non liquid tires is probably around 10-11K lbs, not quite as much as the 440 JD, but with a 1/2 pick up, you really were tempting Murphy on that one, IMO.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

logger123

some things you just got to do i recon  y'all are too scared to make stuff happen  .if your scared jump in my pocket

logger123

Quote from: 240b on April 04, 2014, 10:19:35 AM
If I wrote what I really thought I'd be banned
your just scared  thats why your up north and im in the south you  know :D :D

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jamie_C

Quote from: logger123 on April 04, 2014, 12:18:05 PM
some things you just got to do i recon  y'all are too scared to make stuff happen  .if your scared jump in my pocket

::)

Some of us just have common sense and respect for other people on the road ... an attitude like yours will get some innocent person killed

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

logger123

that just shows who the real loggers are  :snowball: us boys from the south

Jamie_C

Quote from: logger123 on April 04, 2014, 02:14:36 PM
that just shows who the real loggers are  :snowball:

Couldn't agree more ... real professionals would never operate like that

chevytaHOE5674

No the real loggers are members of the community who would never put their friends/family/neighbors needlessly in harms way.

If you think doing something boneheaded and dangerous makes you a "real logger" then you have a lot to learn.

chevytaHOE5674

When the safety of people other than yourself is involved then you have the responsibility to "half to do stuf" correctly.

Mark K

I use to haul my tj 225 all the time with a gooseneck and my 3/4 ton dodge cummins. Until one day I come off a hill everything smoking and blew a stop sign. I knew the hill was there went off easy. It'll take something like that to open your eyes. Now the two skidders I own are to big, need overwidth permits to haul. I hire it done. But im not a real logger I guess because im from the north.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

MJD

47sawdust

logger123-
8 posts in and you have shown great disrespect for how this forum operates.Your attitude leaves room for improvement.
May your guardian angel look out for you.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

OntarioAl

Al Raman

Maine logger88

Quote from: OntarioAl on April 04, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
47sawdust
I am in complete agreement with you.
Al
X3 but what do I know I'm one of those fake loggers from the north
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Woodboogah

Biting my tongue with the "real logger" comment.  If you think you are a real logger becuase you pulled your skidder with a 1/2 ton pick up truck then so be it.  A "real logger" knows limitations and forks over some dough to have equipment moved due to the safety of other people.  You should complete arrogance and come on a site that has, I guess for lack of better terms, family or loggers from around the world.  You would be the black sheep of the family my friend. 
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Dave Shepard

Gee, Northerners not being real loggers. Hmm, we've only been logging for export up here for not quite 400 years. :D

thenorthman

And people say I'm arrogant...

nothing wrong with being a little confident, or even a little cocky.

But what you did was irresponsible and dangerous, and now your bragging it off like it was no big deal.  Keep it up chuckles we'll read about you in the papers.

My book of life goes something like, Confident, cockey, Dead. in that order.
well that didn't work

mills

Quote from: logger123 on April 04, 2014, 02:14:36 PM
that just shows who the real loggers are  :snowball: us boys from the south

Honor, integrity, respect...

That's what I see from the southern boys I'm around every day. I think you've done blown your credibility here.

loggah

I was thinking this was a April fools joke! i had to recheck the date of the first post !!!! some only learn the hard way.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

47sawdust

loggah,
The thought did cross my mind that Jeff was pulling a fast one on us,Kinda like yooper night,but no I don't think so.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

scsmith42

There is a difference between being scared and being stupid. When someone recklessly, knowingly and negligently endangers the lives of others by grossly exceeding the braking capacity of a vehicle combination it is a clear example of the latter.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!