iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building a round walnut table

Started by tule peak timber, September 18, 2019, 07:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

"we-all-nuts" just like the wood Tule is using .  you all are about as quick as a "one legged dog", just like the table Tule is making.  you guys keep lamenting about this project, and Tule is actually laminating this project.  shall I stop and "leaf" you all alone?  oops forgot my smiley. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

Adding another layer to the "pizza" this morning.This week is dominated with a push to get some redwood siding completed by tomorrow. A 1920's profile with weird dimensions-thank you insert tooling !

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

tule peak timber

I started the walnut wedges on the last "pizza" today. I noticed some slight misfit and corrected it by cutting the wedges twice -taking out board tension. I'm using bookmatched pairs to make the overall look less "busy'. Redwood siding order done for tomorrow. Had another dumped puppy come by the ranch, very sweet kid. The second puppy in two months... >:(

Magicman

Oh my, you are amazing.  As many irons as you continually have in the fire, how do you keep your fire hot??  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tule peak timber

tule peak timber

Quote from: Jeff on September 29, 2019, 04:17:00 PM
Gotta love them puppies.
We just took this pup in 2 months ago. Another dumped, magnificent, kid added to our pack.

Mike W

wow tule peak, that pup looks like the twin to my wife's pup (not such a pup anymore), fantastic addition to the dog family which we are currently at 6 in total, well 5 and 1/2, the 1/2 being the jack Russell which was the runt of the litter, we call her our "clearance puppy" as she was $100.00 off asking price as she was the runt, now 11 yrs old and a heck of a rodent deterrent around here).  the rest of the pack are all large breed dogs for the farm and night security.  only problem with the wife's dog, even an eight foot high fence wont keep him in when he wants out to chase the 'yotes' for a bit, but a heck of a dog all around.  Will have her get me a pick to post, its a twin in the making, nice looking pup there for sure. (oh and great looking table you are creating there) ;D

Jeff

tule peak timber

Southside

Good looking pup!  I miss my GSD.  Mr Count showed up here about January - dumped Coon hound. Poor guy was so skinny that we had a doggie jacket on him to keep him warm and one time the collar was up - looked just like a vampire - thus the name Mr Count.  We thought he was deaf and old based on his looks and behavior, even the vet thought he was old at first - nope, just mal-nourished and had zero idea how to interact with people, all the poor guy ever knew was get tossed into a dog box and run deer until you can't walk any longer then get tossed back into the box.  Lymes positive, Elercia positive, Heart Worm positive, intact - yea the "sport of gentleman".  Every year we see a couple show up here just like him.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

tule peak timber

Good for you and good for Mr count !We have a house full of pups , some more damaged than others and I wouldn't have it any other way. Tremendous stress relief to spoil these loving creatures and watch them come out of their "shells". I'm sure your life is better for it also Southside.

Someone took the time to hit this little girl so hard on the left side of her face as a pup she lost her eye, teeth and part of her jaw. When we got her and her brother they were so mangled they were barely able to walk. Dumped on the side of a highway.Anyway I have more dog pics than Jeff has server space. Cheers !

Jeff

thecfarm

That is so sad that someone would be that mean to a animal that is doing nothing wrong in my eyes.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

I'm amazed by people in both directions all the time. This guy was dropped off as a pup, just before Christmas one year, in the face of a heavy snow. We actually saw the truck roar off when he spotted us, the dog chasing behind it.

Our black and tan, another dropoff who apparently failed hunter training, had him rounded up and at the door in short order "He followed me home, can I keep him?"

Did you happen to get a closeup shot of the custom siding pattern, I always like seeing different patterns than just the run of the mill stuff, there used to be so many.

tule peak timber

Love your pup pics......
    The old redwood pattern is 7 5/16 face with 70 degree +- edge relief. Clear heartwood. More pics of the pizza tomorrow.

tule peak timber

The last piece of walnut pizza set tonight. Delicious :D

Magicman

Oh that is making my eyes hurt!!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

DWyatt

The precision to cut all of those pieces knowing you would not tolerate gaps is incredible. Something that is very rare in woodworking. That looks fantastic. 

tule peak timber

DWyatt, Thanks. I did get a small gap between the first two boards and quickly figured out a "fix" by double cutting all subsequent boards for really tight joints. This is one time where clamps don't help---the boards either fit, or they don't. Each board was developed from a 6/4 blank and  immediately glued in, one at a time. This process took all week to fill in the field.
  Equally challenging was getting all the needle like tips to converge on a single point, again not perfect, but close.  Cheers Rob

tule peak timber

Router the edge and the start of sanding today.

samandothers

Kinda looks like a big mushroom cap.  

The book matched pieces give it a nice look! It's a biggun.

WDH

Sand, sand, sand, and then sand some more :).

Looks fantastic.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

tule peak timber

After days of sanding,,,, a one piece 3 inch thick top today. The grain is starting to pop with the seal coat.

Andries

Catching up on reading, yust got in from 'analog land': nuthin digital out in the boonies.
That table looks GREAT!
Book matched pizza slices, and a base underneath that has the strength of an anvil.

I wouldn't want you to reveal any super secret trade tricks, but is a Festool track saw the best way to get those air tight joints?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!