iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Member/Sawyer

Started by RangeSawing, December 12, 2020, 04:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RangeSawing

Hey all, figured I would introduce myself. I am in my mid 20's and have found that I enjoy spending the majority of my time in the woods. I'm a long time lurker for the last 5 years or so and about 6 months ago took the plunge and bought a Norwood HD36, manual, with a trailer kit and power feed. I haven't gotten my powerfeed installed yet, but there will be time for that this winter. Have been milling and getting the hang of my mill. Feeding my mill hasn't been to hard yet, have been getting a lot of Red Pine, White Pine, Tamarack and Poplar for free. Currently cutting a Red Pine plantation, selective harvest, that will supply me with about 40 cords of wood per year for the next 3-5 years. But anyway, looking forward to learning from likeminded individuals.
-RangeSawing
I don't know much, but what I do know, I'm not very good at!

Patrick NC

Welcome to the forum. I think you will find lots of people here willing to help with any questions you have. I also bought an hd36. Power feed is on back order. Supposed to ship 12/14. I also ordered a set of roller guides through Norwood that are supposed to be here next week. I was cutting fine with the ceramics, but I want to see what difference the rollers make. 
Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

RangeSawing

Nice to meet you, I'm curious how the rollers work out for you. I love the wearability of the ceramics, but can never tell if the noises coming from them are normal or not.
-RangeSawing
I don't know much, but what I do know, I'm not very good at!

firefighter ontheside

Welcome aboard!  I can tell you there's lots to learn here and these people will help you with anything you can think of.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!