iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OWB up and runnning

Started by Roger2561, October 14, 2013, 07:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

I finally decided that I'd been sitting in the cool (as in chilly) house for too long.  I have this week off from work so I fired up my CB E-Classic 1400 this morning.  I'm now sitting in my living room in a short sleeved shirt and not shivering while I type this.  You know, my dad was right.  A little effort will go a long way.  Gosh I miss him.  He was not a college grad and he didn't get his GED until he was in his 40's.  But, he was the smartest man I ever knew.  Roger 
Roger

Ohiowood

Know what ya mean about Fathers!

Have not fired mine up yet but will be soon!

All good with your 1400 ? Mine has been great!
How much wood do you burn? 

AsaG

I was in my forties before realizing what my father lacked in book smarts he made up thousands of times over in common sense.  I thank God on a daily basis for his teachings and the wisdom to follow his lead.

Been a bit under the weather and just fired off the 3200 on Sunday.  Even though it's dropping into the thirties and upper twenties at night, the house was still reasonably comfortable but domestic hot water was becoming a problem since the wife likes long, hot baths this time of year.  Now that we have plenty, I too, have started soaking this nasty cold in the hottest water I can stand.  bath_smiley 

Roger2561

Quote from: Ohiowood on October 15, 2013, 09:15:15 PM
Know what ya mean about Fathers!

Have not fired mine up yet but will be soon!

All good with your 1400 ? Mine has been great!
How much wood do you burn?

The 1400 is running great.  A little effort every other Saturday morning to keep her clean but it's worth it.  Endless supply of hot water for showers and very comfortable living conditions.  Last year I burned some where in the neighborhood of 6 cord.  I have no doubt that I'll be in the same ballpark this year.   
Roger

Logging logginglogging

I only burned 5-6 cord last year as well... I think we are in for a colder year this year. I started my stove and ran it only at night for a couple nights.... today is the first day this year that I let it go all day....

ga jones

60s at night last week 20s this week. Heat pump off OWB fired up! crazy weather
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Thank You Sponsors!