iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The South has come to the North

Started by WoodenHead, August 28, 2013, 04:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodenHead

I'm not sure how everyone else is sitting right now, but we're seeing some heat and high humidity (90-100% RH).  I had to quit a bit early for the last couple days.  The humidity was starting to get to me.  This weather reminds me of some of the temperatures and humidity I experienced when I visited Raleigh, North Carolina in July (more than a decade ago).  The whole summer has been way more humid than usual.  Our lawn is lush green instead of burnt to a crisp.  I've had to mow every week!   :D 

ladylake

It's been hot and horrible here in MN this last week too, not much gets done.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Texas Ranger

I thought maybe you had grits for breakfest. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

board

104 heat index here today .  they are saying its only going to be 102 tomorrow , big cool down.
paul

thecfarm

It won't last long. I thought you might of went to the darkside too.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yarnammurt

Temp is 101-103 with index around 110-115. Its like HE#$ here
ATS 10" Peterson, 09 New Holland 4x4 TL90 with loader, 125hp White,2 2009 Kawasaki 610 mules,

WoodenHead

Quote from: Texas Ranger on August 28, 2013, 09:16:41 PM
I thought maybe you had grits for breakfest. 8)

Sorry to disappoint, but grits still give me the image of eating sawdust.   :D

downsouth

It's actually pretty nice down here (this week). It's been down in the 60's at night,It wont last long.

Magicman

Yes, very pleasant, but I see some hot next week.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

rooster 58

It's miserably humid right now. Temp is 74 only but I feel like I could be in Magicman Land with the humidity :(
      The leaves have slowly turned just a tad though so it won't be long until the glorious days of autumn are upon us 8)

SEMO79

We 30 plus days over 100 here last summer, this summer its rarely got over 90 till now. So I won't complain to much about this short stretch of 95-100.

Deese

Here in Alabama, we had rain for 25 consecutive days in July. It was a hot, humid mess. Now things have dried out a bit, and the mornings have been exceptionaly cool over the past few days. But the next several days the humidity will be 87-89% with low-mid 90 degree temps. WHEW!  :o  READY FOR FALL 8) 8) 8)
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

MRowsh

Here in The Great State of North Carolina, this is the mildest summer so far I have seen, and we do like it. But, we have had so much rain, that has created a lot of damage so far, which includes my pond!
LogMaster LM2 with Kubota V1305 Diesel conversion.
There is a price for everything in life!!!  No free lunches!
Retired US Army.

Thank You Sponsors!