iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

North vs. South vs. PNW

Started by KyLogger, November 23, 2014, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLogger

Had a funny thought while on the skidder today about these (the logging in particular) forums....... This one is mostly Northern and NE guys, the "other" forum's logging section seems dominated by the PNW guys............where does that leave us Southern guys????? LOL.

Tom
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

HiTech

Ya just gotta jump in...plenty of room. lol

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Quotewhere does that leave us Southern guys?

For sure, not out in the cold.   ;D

But keep giving it some thought... the answer will come to you.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

CCC4

kiko

goose63

In da hills with da GRITS me thinks
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

thenorthman

well that didn't work

KyLogger

Quote from: beenthere on November 23, 2014, 07:29:32 PM
Quotewhere does that leave us Southern guys?

For sure, not out in the cold.   ;D

But keep giving it some thought... the answer will come to you.  ;)

That's for sure! It gets to 20 here and I am thinking that Hell is actually freezing over for real!
I only work old iron because I secretly have a love affair with my service truck!

treeslayer2003

ha! i am literaly on the mason dixon line...........i can claim either lol.
but no, there is good dudes all over. just some times we gotta learn how to talk with each other.

oh and yea, i'm on the south side the line.

mills

Shoot, us southern boys could take this forum over if we wanted to. We just need a few more of us that can read and write. :D

But why go through the trouble, reading and participating here I've come to find out that them ole yankee boys are not as bad as I thought. :D

KyLogger

I knew this one would be good for a laugh!

chester_tree _farmah

Can't beat good Kentucky Bourbon or real southern BBQ.  Both at the same time is even better. We will bring the lobsters, steamers and beer. :-)
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

Gadrock

A little Rah-Rah is good for the spirit. Maybe it is kinda like splashing a little gasoline on the campfire, generally just making a little excitement...until there become mass panic.

Being from way down South I do not prefer the cold weather much. And I am certainly getting where I do not prefer the 100 Degrees stuff either. Hard to please...unless Santa was to bring me a new skidder for Christmas. The one I have is giving me the blues.

David G

Carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Maine logger88

Quote from: chester_tree _farmah on November 24, 2014, 09:33:08 AM
Can't beat good Kentucky Bourbon or real southern BBQ.  Both at the same time is even better. We will bring the lobsters, steamers and beer. :-)
Ok now your making me hungry......and thirsty
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

enigmaT120

Quote from: KyLogger on November 23, 2014, 07:07:34 PM
the "other" forum's logging section seems dominated by the PNW guysTom

The other forum?  Am I in the wrong one?  I thought it was funny there weren't more people from my neck of the woods on here.

Ed Miller
Falls City, Or

missouriboy

where would Missouri be in this conversation north or south? I live north central part of Missouri very rural and we consider ourselves a southern state but some areas of Missouri don't. We log more like the southern boys do.

CCC4

Dude...yer well in the South! LOL!

Ed_K

Could be in da middle too  ;D .
Ed K

BargeMonkey

I get such a kick out of the "N or S" discussion's ive seen working in the maritime world. Ive got more time south of I-10 than most residents of LA but they will pick you out of the crowd quick. They would still consider you VA, KY boys as yankee as i am. The best is the ones from MD, most confused bunch ive ever seen. If it only got above 70 just long enough to dry hay would be fine for me. Other than the taxes N-NY is great, lots of wood, less bugs, a few snakes and even less nascar fans.  :D :D :D

elk42

Barge
Anyone north of Little Rock, Arkansas.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

CCC4

KyLogger

I think I would rather be a Florida pine logger...............good weather, air conditioned cabs......that would be the life.

Gadrock

Nothing worse than a piece of machinery down South with a cab and air  and the air does not work!
Right now most of my air conditioners are not working...but the heaters do. It has been quite cool for us.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

thenorthman

cabs? heaters? AC?

=l it would be nice just to have doors!
well that didn't work

Thank You Sponsors!