iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Old jacks

Started by Ken, September 16, 2012, 12:07:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

Although many days it would be nice to have newer machinery it is pretty tough to beat old timberjacks.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

bushmechanic

I'm with you on that one 100% 8)

treefarmer87

i know 2 outfits around here that have 380 b grapples. timberjacks are great machines :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Okrafarmer

I remember Kendall Davis coming and clear-cutting 5 acres for us in 1991. They hauled most of the twitches with a 380 grapple, and I think it was fairly new at the time. It was the biggest skidder I had ever seen up close before. They also had a JD 540 grapple and it couldn't haul as much as the 380. They told me they also had a 450, but they didn't take it out on small jobs like that one. Kendall's daughter Amanda drove the 380.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jd540b

I've had a 450a grapple for almost 2 yrs. now and love it.  4-53....she's a beast!

Okrafarmer

Do any of you in Maine know Kendall Davis? (not sure if he's still around, last time I saw him was 1992). I did hear that Duane, the guy who ran his shear at our property, died in a car crash not too long after that.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

barbender

You seem to remember Amanda driving that 380 quite vividly, Okra ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Okrafarmer

You would too, but it may or may not be for the reasons you are imagining. . . . I think that's all I'll say. . . .  who knows, she may be one of the many people who read this forum without making themselves known!  :o  :-X

barbender

I see...maybe she was more the snuff chewing skidder tire lifting sort of gal?
Too many irons in the fire

Okrafarmer

Quote from: barbender on September 23, 2012, 07:49:19 AM
I see...maybe she was more the snuff chewing skidder tire lifting sort of gal?

smiley_ignore  :-[  :-X  >:(

no_no

;) :D

Thank You Sponsors!