iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hanging Out with the "Fishpharmer"

Started by WDH, January 23, 2010, 08:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

Fishpharmer came over today and brought me 4 fine pine logs. I felt extremely guilty accepting such a generous gift. It will be paid back twofold one day. We sawed a log, ate a good lunch and generally cogitated on most everything. All in all another fine forum member I now call a good friend.

James and the logs he brought me today.

Fishpharmer and my LT 40.

We talked agood deal about the fishery business and I can't wait until spring to go see what takes place at a hatchery. I really look forward to our next meeting.

Don

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

SwampDonkey

Those look like some nice logs fishpharmer. Don, you must be doing something right. I think it's the new mill, it's a log delivery magnet. Any good tail boarders in those deliveries? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Don K

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

nas

hey fishpharmer
no wonder you can't afford a fancy mill like Don K, Ya gots holes in them pockets :o :o
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Don K

nas, that is a working man's jacket. I got two of them. Ain't no need to wear your Sunday best on a country boy's homestead. ;D ;)

Don

WDH

That Fish is a generous guy!  He has some nice logs to mill, as nice as I have ever seen.  Also, Southern hospitality is alive and well.  Don, you are lucky  ;D.  Never look a gift log in the growth rings  :D :D :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

I tried to give WDH some logs too.  He gave me the lame excuse that they wouldn't fit in his SUV.  :D

I too was glad to make a new Forestry Forum friend, we had a nice day.  I knew Don needed logs for his shop. The logs were free to me.  I hated to add them to my ever growing stack of decaying logs, since my mill needs just a little more fine tuning :-[
Besides, wanted to see his new mill up close.  I have not been around a Yanmar diesel LT40.  He has a lot to be proud of.   A beautiful home, great mill, nice farm and the biggest ole roosters you ever saw.  I appreciate Don sharing it with me.  I truly am blessed.

I think he has that LT40 figured out.  He cut 25 of the prettiest 2x4's out of the smallest log.  I was glad to help.

nas, those holes are for ventilation, keeps the sawdust from collecting.  Can't lose money if you don't got none. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

nas

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 26, 2010, 09:40:00 PM

nas, those holes are for ventilation, keeps the sawdust from collecting.  Can't lose money if ya don't got none. 
Good point.  I think most of us are in the same boat. :( ;)
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Magicman

BUT........he's wearing a nice looking.....HAT !!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

Quite the hat model, I must say  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

fishpharmer

WDH thanks, I am trying to improve my image (pun intended). 8)

Did I ever mention I like food?  DonK took me to eat some fried catfish.  Thanks buddy, it sure was good.

A few more shots from our visit

Don and his shiny mill.

Nice setup Don, ready to make some sawdust.

Mississippi cull logs ;) :D

Don loading the deck

Results, 25 long 2x4's from one log.

And Don, a gift is not a gift if something is expected in return.

Don K

I told my wife I felt bad about taking such nice logs with out anything in return, but she said I have given several people the lumber they needed for various things and sawed a beam or log for people with out a thought of pay and that maybe good things come back to those that do good for others.

Nice pics James, but you should have cropped me out. ;D It was a nice day and I need one of those every once in a while. Takes the stress out of a long work week.

Don

Meadows Miller

Gday

James is a top Bloke i havent had the pleasure of meeting yet but ive got the feeln its going to happen pretty dang soon  Mate  ;)  ;D ;D 8) 8) I like the the hat as well looks like your part of an Elite Group  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Lookn at them logs your dragn around the joint and have acess to  :o  ;D 8) 8) im thinkin the Lucas would be the go for you over a band  Mate  ;)  ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Quote from: Don K on January 27, 2010, 08:45:28 AM
I told my wife I felt bad about taking such nice logs with out anything in return, but she said I have given several people the lumber they needed for various things and sawed a beam or log for people with out a thought of pay and that maybe good things come back to those that do good for others.

That they do Don that they do  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8) N why crop you out you should know every mill needs an owner Mate  ;) :D :D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Mooseherder

Magicman

And even the chickens were watching...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don K

Last year Radar67 came and stayed a couple of days and we sawed some logs. He would laugh as I was letting the chickens run loose and when I fired up the mill they would head that way to look for grubs in the sawdust. :D They can distribute a pile of sawdust in a short while. ;D

Don

Radar67

I still laugh about that every time I watch my birds scratching in the sawdust. Good times for sure!!!  ;D :)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

timberfaller390

I got to meet the fishpharmer today. He stopped by the site of my new shop building for a short visit. He was coming back from knoxville with a neat little crane he had picked up. I really enjoyed our short visit and hope I can get out his way soon. I wonder if he will let me through a hook in the catfish ponds  8) I didn't have a camera so he took all the pictures so I guess technicaly until he posts the pics he was never really here  :D
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

wi woodcutter

Wow it really sounds like the 'pharmer really gets around.  :)
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

metalspinner

I saw him today, too. :)  We spent the morning scambling around trying to find a skidsteer to load that fancy crane he bought.  I have some pics, but the camera is in the truck and it's cold outside. ::) :D  Just imagine a crane dangling from a skidsteer and fishfarmer trying to back his trailer under it. :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

Quote from: metalspinner on January 28, 2010, 10:31:34 PM
........  I have some pics, but the camera is in the truck and it's cold outside. ::) :D  ..........

It is 40 deg warmer than here. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

You could have used the pumpkin launcher to throw it onto the trailer  :D :D.

metalspinner

Hmmmm...Let's see,

2,000 lb crane X 80 = 160,000lb counterweight.  I'll get right on it! :D :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

fishpharmer

Quote from: wi woodcutter on January 28, 2010, 07:55:04 PM
Wow it really sounds like the 'pharmer really gets around.  :)

It's always great to meet new FF members. 8)  Although, I am about ready to crawl back in my hole.  Metalspinner was a huge help getting the crane loaded, seems the seller didn't really have a way to do so.  Thanks, Metalspinner.  I want to see the pumpkin launcher next time. I did get a chance to see the famous truck bed.  I 'm sad to say it really let itself go downhill since the Stanley video. ;) :D

Timberfaller, nice meeting you.  I was travelling too close by not to take the 30 minute detour to visit with you.  You have a lot going on and I was glad to see your world.  You have some neat vehicles your working on.  I will share some pics later. 

I still am suffering from "jet lag" for lack of a better term.  800 miles in one day is rough on a old fella.

Thank You Sponsors!