iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Heater for Skid loader cab-Electric 12 volt

Started by Raider, January 27, 2010, 04:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider

I just bought a nice used Gehl 6635 with out a cab. Would like to retro fit Plex-glass and a door for winter use. It has a Deutz tubo air cooled motor, thus I am looking for info on what brand or type of heater to use?  Gehl in their factory cab has a 12volt electic unit they use. Thanks for any help!   Raider

Mark K

On our air cooled Same tractors they had a oil furnace. Worked great until the thermostat went bad, worked just like a house furnace. We just went to our local auto parts store and bought a porcelian heater. Works off 12 volt and heats the cab up enough to take the chill off.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

dewwood

I put a small 300 watt 12V heater in my Kubota with a heat houser type cab.  It works well although most of the time I don't even turn it on.  I use the Kubota for plowing snow and it helps tremendously just having the cab to break the wind.  I bought the heater on ebay for around $50.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Raider

Would that be a "Road-Pro" RPSL-681? Thanks for the Help!  Raider

dewwood

Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

stonebroke

Neatest heater I saw for a skid steer, A farmer made two inch thick floor housing that sat on top of his regular floor and piped it into the coolant. His feet were toasty.
Stonebroke

zopi

Quote from: stonebroke on January 28, 2010, 06:58:49 PM
Neatest heater I saw for a skid steer, A farmer made two inch thick floor housing that sat on top of his regular floor and piped it into the coolant. His feet were toasty.
Stonebroke

The Gehl is air cooled....

Could maybe duct some hot air off the engine into the cab though...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

stonebroke

jesse

picture of a oil cooled deutz. if i remeber right in the information i got on the engine before gatting the engine you could use the engine oil  for a cab heater

Raider

The engine oil might work, I have been toying with the idea of heat from the muffler. Kinda of a outer metal chamber that you could flow air from the cab thru and return it hot back to the cab. If you could get it on the muffler, lot of heat there! Good dependable electric heater might be the quickest in the long run. Still... ::)      Raider

4genlgr

when VW's were air cooled they had heat collecting boxes around the cylinder heads i think it's been a looooong time since i've been close to one of those 
lust be careful of the exhust fumes

pineywoods

Raider, it's fairly easy to rig a sheet metal shroud around a muffler. Most single engine aircraft use an aluminum shroud around a stainless steel muffler. Works good. Drawbacks..use an electric blower, not engine driven (remember volkswagen beetles) The danger is carbon monoxide poisoning, but detectors are available cheap. Get one...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!