iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

R.I.P. PFC Joshua A.R. Young

Started by BcWoodWorks, January 28, 2010, 09:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BcWoodWorks

My friend, Joshua; was a Private First Class in the US Army. Based with the 1st Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division; based out of Ft. Carson.

We talked through Myspace for about 7 months, before he was deployed. He got his orders, and as a true American soldier, and a combat infantryman he obliged and went to war in Iraq. We kept talking through his deployment, and he inspired me to take on my life's current main goal; to join the ranks, and follow his footsteps.

Then came January. We kept talking as usual, about this and that; guns and tanks, whatever. He was about to take his mid-tour leave; and come home. After being stationed there, he was ready to come home.

It was the 24th when I sent him a message; he usually took a few days to get back to me; so when February 1st rolled around, and I heard nothing it wasn't a big deal.

Then, a couple weeks later I heard the news from his sister, Brandi; that he, and 4 of his squad-mates had been killed during Routine patrol operations in central Mosul, Iraq. They were struck by an IED, without a chance to take cover or fight back.

He was buried alongside his mates in Arlington National Cemetary.

That was 2 years ago, today, he died. I'm not religious, but I hope he's somewhere pleasant, getting fat, and enjoying life on a beach.

Keep him in your thoughts. Just goes to show, Thursdays are only Thursdays until tragedy befalls.

Rest In Peace buddy, I think of you everyday; and never hesitate to tell people your story when they ask about my tattoos. You got big boots, but someday I'll fill them.

Thanks for reading FF members, and guests alike.

Sincerely,
-Alec Beecraft Homb
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

beenthere

BC
May your buddy rest in peace, and all our due respect for being there to get a job done.
Hope someday the people in Iraq will have some appreciation for taking out their Dictator.
Only time will tell.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Wudman

My respect to his family.  I give thanks everyday for the commitment of our service men and women.  May he rest in peace.

Wudman
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

Warbird

He has my honor and gratitude, as does his family.  And you honor his memory.

Chico

God Bless Your Friend He's a hero He was keeping the wolf away from our door and paid the ultimate price which is as unselfish as it gets A Thank You to his family for raising a young man with the patriotic need to serve  I hope he is remembered with the honor he deserves
My Daughter My sailor MY HERO God Bless all the men and Women fighting for us today If you see one stop and thank them

Norm

Burlkraft

I am sorry about your friend Alec

It's been that long already?  Time sure does fly.

Maybe you should show a picture of your memorial to him  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Chris Burchfield

Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Raider Bill

Rest in Peace Brother..........

Please, my condolances to his family and you.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

BcWoodWorks

Thanks so much to you all. It makes me happy to know that even despite the political circumstances; nobody questions the sacrifices, or hardships of soldiers deployed.

You're truly all good people.

Quote from: Burlkraft on January 29, 2010, 08:07:00 AM
I am sorry about your friend Alec

It's been that long already?  Time sure does fly.

Maybe you should show a picture of your memorial to him  ;)

Yeah Pops, 2 years already. Amazing how it flies by. You know how it goes.

The original drawing I made up and took it; with help from my artistic Mother.

The outcome; $320.

I've never been able to get a decent picture, sorry for the mug shot.

Yesterday was a tough day to move the animals and the house but, it got done. Sometimes it helps to get strength from those mysterious places.

-Alec Beecraft Homb
Alec - Woodworking rookie, and Private in the United States Army.

"Safety first, impressions last. Remember it." -Swampdonkey

Patty

You are a good man Alec, and a very good friend. Your buddy is proud to have known you I'm sure. I can just see him up there smiling down on you.

May he rest in peace knowing we are all so proud of him and so very thankful.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Thank You Sponsors!